Sub-Frame crack picture

That looks like the same pic we've seen before,and I think that guy said he hit a tree or pole ? Is this your bike? Omega?

That's a blue and therefore a 2000. That's not the one we were looking at a year ago.

So far that's 2 known failures out of 30,000 bikes .

Who actually KNOWS of others (actually saw themselves). Don't bother to post if you heard of one from a friend of a friend of a ...

Another question... How fat was that guys girl friend? Even Busa's have limits. Ugly makes subframes break quicker too.

[This message has been edited by Lyle (edited 08 August 2000).]

That is the same pic as we have already seen. The GIVI site has pics of 2 bikes. One broken at the cast and the other at the weld.

That is the same pic as we have already seen. The GIVI site has pics of 2 bikes. One broken at the cast and the other at the weld.

It could have been a flaw in the casting on this particular bike.Obviously, replacing the cast piece with a billet piece would be a relatively simple solution, although not inexpensive.

Come on guys.. After all the sh!t I heard here there has to be more than 2 out of 30,000 bikes.

Who know of other REAL ones.

The operative phrase here is REAL.

SEE, everybodys screaming and yelling about this, making it sound like there's this HUGE problem, with subframe cracking, and maybe, just maybe, there realy is just a couple a cases, and none of us knows the circumstances behind each of these two(2)is it just two? bikes what did, may,possibly, occur to these bikes to have a failure! Maybe theres a logicial reason behind each one? did anyone think that may be a possiblity? So I'm not worried!Why should you be?

I think the risk without luggage is near zero. Not so sure about the front seats contribution to failures however. The top sub-frame connections are almost a pure tension situation except the back of the front seat imposes a additional bending load.

I'm treating it as a HUGE problem until somebody (preferably Suzuki!) comes up with an explaination / some reassurance.

You would probably treat it as a huge problem, if yours was one of the handful (10 or so) failures worldwide, and your girlfriend/wife (I assume you have got one?) got off at high speed.

Solo, without luggage, it's not really a problem as the rider's seat is bolted to the main frame, not the subframe.

Thanks Gary.

Yes, what you say is true, but the rear of the rider's seat just hooks under some loops on the subframe.

Much as I take this issue seriously (have cancelled two-up touring holiday!) - I don't think there is much - if any - force going into the subframe from the rider alone.

Back