STUCK!!! Thermostat guage???

HayabusaLTD

Registered
Hello all, my thermostat guage is stuck in the full upright position. My bike overheated once this summer due to letting it idle in the driveway in the summer sun for 15minutes. the fan is operational and it seems to be good to go mechanically but my guage is stuck. i have disconnected the battery to see if that would reset it but no luck. i have let the bike idle until the fan kicks on but no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated.:bowdown:

You can download the service manual from this site. That way you can check to see if the sending unit has power and is working. It'll also show which wires in the instrument panel go to the guage.

a long shot, but you can swap out the thermostat for about $20 to rule out that possibility. it is directly under tank and bolted on the back side of the motor. who knows, maybe it's sticking. :whistle:

yeah I second that for Schism, they arent expensive at all and you arent going to be able to pull it off and examine it to actually see if thats the problem, by then it would have cooled down

Back