Stripped the head of a bolt taking off the factory exhaust

busa2004

Registered
How do you guys take the screw out from here? I can try to use a tap and die set but its in a tight position.

If its flush with the block the only real way to get it out is to drill PERFECTLY into the centre of the bolt and use an easy out, I would not think that you could do this on the bike. If you end up butchering it theres then 2 choices again off the bike, 1 is fit something called a timesert (like a helicoil on steroids) or after all the bolt is out weld up the hole and retap.

I could in fact go buy a new motorcycle.....but will not, my next bike will be a low low mileage gen 2 but i will not buy brand new cars for myself nor motorcycles. You MUST just know what your getting into when buying a used bike
8539.865,983,981,91 reason NOT to buy a used motorcycle.

Some try to cut a slot in the end and use a BFS, or center punch, drill, and easy out. Best of luck :thumbsup:

Do you have time to take the head off? That might be a huge issue so be prepared in case you do...

I could in fact go buy a new motorcycle.....but will not, my next bike will be a low low mileage gen 2 but i will not buy brand new cars for myself nor motorcycles. You MUST just know what your getting into when buying a used bike

I BIG reason not to buy a new bike......................watching $2K evaporate as you drive away from the showroom and wincing every time it gets wet etc :laugh:

wow that sucks, you have anyway to take it to a good welder??, an easy out might work, but they usually are garbage on anything bigger than 6mm, and from the sound of it, its gald up, if you do take it to the welder have him weld something you can get vice grips onto.

this is a little old but I lay a nut over the top then mig the bolt to the nut from the center,then turn it out while its still all hot.

Back