Strike number 2 yes!

nabusa

Registered
So after the allthingschrome thing I just a bit upset but stuff happens and I let it go. New day, I put my stock swingarm on just so I can move my bike around the garage to clean up. Now the stock rear wheel I was going to get chromed because it's hard to just get the front chromed as many only do sets. So I brought my wheel to a local shop to have the tire removed. That was last week. So today I looked at the tire and it is ripped. And the wheel is now bent also. So now I have to buy a stock gen2 wheel and tire....I am 2 for 2 now yes!!!

1332096171416.jpg

Wow. Really?
Yet another shop with "mechanics" like this.
Who the * with half a brain can't remove a tire without tearing it and bending the rim?
That is just shameful.
I hope they make it right for you, but most likely you tore the tire and bent the wheel when you got home...know what I mean?
That sucks man:beerchug:

Man, that sucks.It takes the right shop to mount/dismount tires correctly.They dont all do it the same.They also will static balance the tires so there is no need for weights.I would show them the tire and have them replace it and the wheel.

Yeah I know, I will call them tomorrow. Hopefully they will cool about it, but I just imagine they will say that.

Ive got a gold gen 2 front wheel practically new. Tires and rotors removed from new bike. $150

Get a shovel.
Dig a hole.
Hid in hole.
Relax till tomorrow.

You're not having any luck bro :(

Smellphone via Forum Runner

So after the allthingschrome thing I just a bit upset but stuff happens and I let it go. New day, I put my stock swingarm on just so I can move my bike around the garage to clean up. Now the stock rear wheel I was going to get chromed because it's hard to just get the front chromed as many only do sets. So I brought my wheel to a local shop to have the tire removed. That was last week. So today I looked at the tire and it is ripped. And the wheel is now bent also. So now I have to buy a stock gen2 wheel and tire....I am 2 for 2 now yes!!!
Its pretty much impossible anymore to find decent service and folks that care anywhere, in any industry :banghead:
Sign of the times I guess :dunno:

I bet the mech that pulled that tire off the rim was glad you left without saying anything. With most shops once it leaves they consider it "good", and anything that comes back they assume you did like somebody above mentioned :banghead:

Sorry about all your problems though. Just get her back on the road and enjoy the ride :beerchug:

Brighter days ahead :thumbsup:

Who knows, one of these fellas with the $5K set of wheels or even one of those $2K set of wheels guys might ship you a stocker :dunno:

It would take some serious crank to rip that tire. Who ever did it, knew it when it happened.

Man that sucks bad! makes me nervous I got brand new rubber in the garage I gotta put on! 2wheels is right people dont care anymore cant get good service anywhere!!!! Hope and Pray for better days for you brother!!!

They replaced the tire but didn't feel they bent the wheel. So I am out the oem wheel, no biggy I'll just chock it up to a lesson learned.

Man stay over where you are, i dont need any of your bad karma!

replaced the tire, but didnt feel they bent the wheel, oh come on:banghead:

I know right, it's ok. Just will do tire changes myself from not on also.
Nah that kind of problem is easy to avoid. You just show the service manager your wheel, go over the bike real quick, or whatever it is you're brining in, and tell him you've had problems in the past, this is how I'm bringing you my stuff, and this is how I expect it back. You can even have them make a note on the paperwork if you want to (I've done it). When you pick it up, go over everything thoroughly on the spot, and point out anything thats wrong. They pretty much have to fix it at that point, and they know it :laugh:
Also when you do that they understand you're one of those "picky" types, and will put their better guys on it to save any hassles :thumbsup:

Bring the bike, oh no. No shop ever touches my bike. That's just asking for something to get messed up.

Back