Street Tires for hayabusa 2023

dcnblues

Registered
We could probably use an updated thread. New data, options, and the vernal equinox was Monday. Most recent riding impressions, availability, reviews, Etc. (And maybe favorite tire pressure with particular models). The tire world changes so fast, and so quickly for the better...

I still have brand loyalty to Dunlop. Every time I try a new tire it feels so much better when I return to Dunlop. But all that experience is out of date.

I'm also going to buy a stickier front and a sport tourer for the back. I LOVE the potential to wear them out at the same rate and replace them at the same time. It is such a good feeling when you have new rubber front and rear, and get to a twisty road that has been freshly repaved. Forget steak, imagining that is what gets my salivary glands pumping...

Spring is sprung,
The grass is riz,
I wonder where
The flowers iz

My favs are also Dunlops (Q3+) for track and canyons, Mich for touring/longevity. Hard looks at the Q5/Q5S as I don't tour as much on the Busa anymore.
I'm also going to buy a stickier front and a sport tourer for the back. I LOVE the potential to wear them out at the same rate and replace them at the same time.
This is a couple yrs old, from a forum member recommending a Michelin combo to equalize front/rear wear rate for touring application. FYI

I went with the Michellin Power 5 last weekend. Initial impression is I WILL NEVER BUY BRIDGESTONE..... Night and day handling over the Bridgestone. My front tire was cupped pretty good with 4700 miles. The bike feels like new again.
Thankfully im not the only ones who thinks Bridgestone is absolute garbage. Had the BT023 and pulled them off after 4000kms, squirming in corners not even being pushed and overall shitty feeling.

Thankfully im not the only ones who thinks Bridgestone is absolute garbage. Had the BT023 and pulled them off after 4000kms, squirming in corners not even being pushed and overall shitty feeling.
I've ridden on Bridgestones for years and years...even biased ply ones in the '80s....I raced on them and have never had any issues...I guess I am lucky.....

I have Michelins now and they are good too....but I'd run Bridgestone again...

But as we know, helmets, tires, chains, sprockets, oil, brake pads, headlight bulbs, mirrors, clutch and brake levers. etc are all personal to each of us....

Anyone else does not love the stock BATTLAX HYPERSPORT S22? While I enjoy their grip and stability, I've noticed they make the bike turn heavy. I know the bike is a piggy, but these tires feel "slow" to me if you know what I mean, and I always fill them up to the proper pressure.

I feel safe assuming that there are tires that give a little more "on rails" feeling and lower turn-in latency without compromising grip and wearability. I'd like the bike to lean into the corners a bit easier. The bike feels very nimble while maneuvering lightly, but I feel the tires holding things back when I get a bit more aggressive. I have to push her a fraction of a second earlier to combat the latency, and I really feel the tires fighting while the bike itself wants to lean with me.

I feel like some lean speed has been left on the table to be had. I'm not a knee-dragger at all, but I'd really like more sprightliness, because that would really satisfy me fully. I'm still a 'Busa noob, so I'd appreciate any recommendations for a nimbler road tire that has at least the grip of the OEM ones if there are any.

Anyone else does not love the stock BATTLAX HYPERSPORT S22? While I enjoy their grip and stability, I've noticed they make the bike turn heavy. I know the bike is a piggy, but these tires feel "slow" to me if you know what I mean, and I always fill them up to the proper pressure.

I feel safe assuming that there are tires that give a little more "on rails" feeling and lower turn-in latency without compromising grip and wearability. I'd like the bike to lean into the corners a bit easier. The bike feels very nimble while maneuvering lightly, but I feel the tires holding things back when I get a bit more aggressive. I have to push her a fraction of a second earlier to combat the latency, and I really feel the tires fighting while the bike itself wants to lean with me.

I feel like some lean speed has been left on the table to be had. I'm not a knee-dragger at all, but I'd really like more sprightliness, because that would really satisfy me fully. I'm still a 'Busa noob, so I'd appreciate any recommendations for a nimbler road tire that has at least the grip of the OEM ones if there are any.
I had Bridgestone S21Rs on my gen 2 and it flicked through the corners pretty good, just as good or better than the Michelins I have on there now...

and a few other bikes use them as an OEM tire.

A tire thread is like many other threads, you will get 10 posts and 10 separate opinions.

Back