Street / Strip build???

Its_Asmith

Registered
I came across an '05 with 77k original miles for sale by a local dealer. I'm looking to buy a gen 1 and have the head redone so that I can kick some azz on back streets and take her down to the Drag strip occasionally :whistle:

My question is, should I pass on the high mileage bike and continue to search for a bike with lower miles or take a chance on this one?

as far as the build goes I plan to replace the head, upgrade pistons, Cams and tune.

I welcome all opinions :please:

Whats what i was going to ask whats the price?? If its cheap why not? But u can always find a deal with lower miles and mods..but i really dont know what mods your looking for..remember mods can be expensive to buy later and add on..when u can find one thats the way u want, and pay half price for the mods and there already on the bike..

The bike is stock, not sure if it has always been that way. I plan to do mild motor work(1397 setup Cams-Head-Pistons-Exhaust), lower rear and front, clutch mod, stretch 5 inches.

This being my first bike build I just want to minimize the chance of supporting parts failing once I began beefing up the bike.

To me the price sounds high..especially with no mods and high miles..id keep looking..get one cheaper and have more money left over..

Way too high my friend, Thats 1k over IMO. I see gen1 busa with less than 20k miles for around 5k. the average dealer markup is usually $1,500-2grand so be patient and check craigslist and ebay you will definitely find a better 1 maybe with some of the mods your already looking to do

Dude, that is WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY over priced for that many miles. Get something cheap with lower miles and THEN PLAN your motor and route you want to take with it. Don't count your pistons before you crack open the case..........

Dude, that is WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY over priced for that many miles. Get something cheap with lower miles and THEN PLAN your motor and route you want to take with it. Don't count your pistons before you crack open the case..........

Dude, he hasn't been on here since 10-31-2012. He might not get your message :laugh:

See you're pissed because I'm not using emoticons to show you I'm joking and you think I'm being a richard. Now do you see the reason I use them :whistle:

LMAO! I'M KIDDING! GEEZ! Calm down! Its all in fun bud!!:laugh: I'm not pissed at ANYTHING! Cept, that I want a cig and won't let me have one

Back