stock top speeds????

frog_man_john

Registered
Hey y'all, what are the completely stock top speeds for the different years of busas?

what year did they start using governors?

can the governors be removed?

I am still debating which year to get.

john

<!--EDIT|frog_man_john
Reason for Edit: None given...|1090946658 -->

Yes, the top end restrictor can be removed easily. It is called a TRE, it plugs in under the gas tank, costs about $70.00 and completely eliminates the restriction. I don't know of the top end speeds varying from year to year though. Good question.

99- 00
197-199mph
220mph on speedo (no TRE needed)

01'
02'
186mph (actual) with out TRE
180 + +mph on the speedo

03'
04'
184mph (actual) with out TRE

99- 00
197-199mph
220mph on speedo (no TRE needed)

01'
02'
186mph (actual) with out TRE
180 + +mph on the speedo

03'
04'
184mph (actual) with out TRE
so what are they when only modded with the TRE?
rock.gif
?

I was under the impression that the top speed in '99 was 201 or 202 mph, which won the Hayabusa the bragging rights for being the first stock production bike to reach and break the 200 mph barrier.  Also, I heard that after '99, there was a limiter put on it for top speed for the reason that Europe would no longer import bikes that broke 200 mph from the factory, so Suzuki limited the years to come at about 197 mph.  I've read something similar to this in a couple of magazines and other sources.  I've done 175 mph on mine on two occasions, and it seemed to be still pulling fairly hard at the time.  I will however, vouch for poop coming up on you fairly quickly at that speed though.  
tounge.gif
  The first time, I was racing my friend on his '00 Hayabusa (pretty much stalemate, just depends on what points in the powerband you shift and how much you weigh), and the second time was just because I told myself I would never do that again.

Later,

Bob

Back