stock pipes mod

I did mine and dropped several lbs. no baffel's and sounded amazing.. its a must do if you dont wanna spend a bunch of money on a exhaust.. I did it cuz I got a Turbo.. but after doing it I would have kept the exhaust for as long as I have the bike. If I didnt go turbo

great right up. will welding it together be better than rtv? i mean is there a reason why rtv was used instead of welding it together. got a cheap welder and wanna give it a shot ehile im at it

Cheers for the first pic on this thread, I had no idea the stock exhaust gasses took such a long route. I took my stock pipes off 2 weeks ago and replaced them with a pair of Scorpion Titanium Oval pipes, the weight of the stock exhausts were shocking, it must be the equivalent of having a pair of large cats strapped either side of the bike. My original pipes are now sat gathering dust in my shed and there they will stay until the bike is sold

yes welding is the better option. i was being impatient and couldn't wait for the mechanics at work to do it for me.

dang finanny got those allen head bolt off.....PITA!!!! stripped 2 had to chisel it out.....
going through the thread, were the 1/2 holes cut in the baffle mesh? is it for a deeper sound?, hence the more i cut and or bigger holes would make it deeper? what is the rule of thumb? no more than 3 1/2 in holes.
i really would like it to sound deep.
i currently have the hotbodies mega on it and it's getting a bit annoying, well to me it is...it kinda sounds like a honda with a can tip.

i believe i did 9 holes at a 1/2 inch to achieve a throaty sound and they were much louder than my r-77's.

what a PITA this is taking way longer. ive gone through six dremel cutting wheels just to cut the metal mesh. whats a good cutting tool that pretty manueverable in tight spaces......

I to have done my stock pipes same as but use small rivets and keep them tight into top end also bent bracket back to make sure that the covers cover rivets I drilled out cover holes and nuts that secure cover and used three push pins to secure cover which works well, I had brought a second hand pair of mufflers to cut for a $100 so as not to mess up my others in case, powder coated front and back covers and mufflers look awesome with good deep sound in all took away 5kgs of weight and ended up better than I thought they would
regards kevin PICT0112.jpgPICT0114.jpgPICT0122.jpgPICT0115.jpg

PICT0112.jpg

PICT0114.jpg

PICT0122.jpg

PICT0115.jpg

Back