Stock Footpeg Mod

OB_Martinm2

Registered
They look exactly like mine but I didnt shine and polish them. I'm suprised more people havent done this.

Yes, it works great, I still havn't gone for a long ride with them yet, but I've heard that 1/2 inch makes a world of difference.

I did the same mod to my foot pegs this weekend, what a difference. It took about 30 mins to do both. I didn’t even take them off the bike to do it, just scored them with a knife, cut them with a hack saw and finished them with a drummel tool.
I can’t remember who first posted this idea but who ever it was, Thanks.

The credit goes to bimmerbusa for the idea. I took my feelers off but left the counterweights on as well as the heavy bar ends. I knew the little japanese guys in the white coats knew what they were doing when they added those vibration damping weights.
This peg mod transforms the ergos of the bike. I fail to see how any busa owner no matter what height would not want to do this immediately. Smallest thing I did but made the biggest difference of anything I did.

I'm going to try it for a while without the weights. I've seen alot of busas out there with either new TL pegs or rearsets without the additional weight. If I do experience any peg vibrations, I'll put them back on. I think frame polishing may be next on my list.....
Martin

The heavy piece of metal on the bottom of the pegs....what is the purpose for this? What was Suzuki thinking about? Is it ok to remove it? Is the stock pegs strong enough to support rider with the metal bar gone?

Take a look around your bike and you notice several large "chunks" of metal (sometimes with rubber). These are used to dampen vibrations.

Do you mean like the 1 lb weights on the bar ends? Thought about replacing them with an aluminum bar end and was wondering if this may cause more viberation to be felt through the bars. I guess the answer would be "Yes".

I appreciate that the white coat guys may know what they are doing, But...
Within a week of getting my Busa the stock pegs were replaced with Lockhart Phillips aluminum pegs. The result? I never noticed any more vibration than before. Then I took off the bar ends. Same result.
Now I have the Mikuni top triple clamp, clipons, and rearsets with NO bar ends and these eliminate ALL rubber isolation. The only time vibration is noticeable (perceptible?) is under deceleration from 5000 to 3000 RPM. For the weight savings and the much better looks, I can sure live with it!

I replaced mine with TL1000 pegs, reducing approximately 1". They match the rear pegs too. The best thing I ever did. It is so much more comfortable and easier now.

Thanks, you were the man with the idea though. I actually used a palm sander and buffing wheel to do the majority of the polishing. The dremel is a great however, it gets used in more projects than any other power tool.

I cut about a 1/2 of rubber off my foot pegs just using a knife. It gave me much needed leg room however now the ball of my right foot rest right on the rear brake lever! I hope I'll be able to adjust the lever and move it down.

Back