Stock ECM question

k4busa

Registered
rock.gif
I have a question that has probably been asked and answered a hundred times but i cant find it as a topic. A friend of mine claims he doesnt need a Power Commander, that somehow software on a Dyno-jet dyno can write , or remap, directly to his stock ecm...is that true?? I was under the impression that the reason a PC is needed is because the stock ecm cant be written to, or to say the very least, its limited.

I'd guess Yosh or Teka box also. While they do work somewhat, they can not tune to the precision of the power commander.

There has been great progress in re-programming the stock ECU for the 02-07 models in the last couple months. I'm in the process of ordering an interface cable to start messing with a spare I have. 6th gear limit has been moved raised rev limiters, etc. Quite a bit of work has been completed and the have been a few discoveries that has opened a bunch of eyes. There is even an internal capability of running a shift light or autoshift right out of the ecu.

There is quite a bit of work to be done, but the progress made in the last 4-5 mounts is incredible!

Here is a search that will give you some things to read on the yosh and teka
https://www.hayabusa.org/forums....end=&p=

That settles that!!! Thanx a bunch for setting it straight!!! You guys on the forum are the best!!!
kickass.gif
beerchug.gif

Back