Stock Busa dynod today

forestgump

Registered
My SAEWHPW at the rear wheel was 145hp @10000.
The DJWHPW was about 155hp at rear wheel but according to the dyno guy that is a B.S. figure anyways its the Sae figure that is the true number.

Just thought Id share this for those intersested.

I would show the graph chart but I cant even get my friggin avatar to work anymore.

Im getting this done before I put my muzzy and power commander on just to see what the difference will be after.
So after I get cracking with my mods I will show a comparison in a while.

I actually wish I got the yosh ems box before I bought the power commander, it sounds like they have lots of problems with power commanders on suzuki's.
bomb.gif

Cheers gump

I haven't heard of any problems with the pcs on suzuki bikes
rock.gif

Other than getting a correct map, I haven't heard anyone on this board complaining about problems with their PC.

Gump,

I put a PC3R and Muzzy's exhaust on my '03 and I am really happy with the results. I have not heard of ANY problems with the PC3R - except people wanting maps instead of just having one made on a dyno.

Post your results - it would be interesting to see the improvements

Kent

Pc will work fine. Low Hp figures on the bike. maybe a stingy Dyno? Although you had another 800 left to go on the Tach. so your figure would be around 148-151hp, shich is right where it shuld be on a stock Busa.

forestgump,

I would take your bike somewhere else and see what the deal is? If not it sounds like a stingy dyno to me. It should put out alot better numbers than that STOCK!

How many miles do you have on it? It should be corrected but what is the altitude of the shop? Did you check your chain and tire PSI before you dynoed? What octain gas, 87......?
rock.gif

I know every dyno is different but even the weakest Busa's pull over 150 SAE bone stock. I would get it up to par before adding any mods. You won't be happy when you spend all that money on a pipe and tuning and it pulls mid 150's!

Just for comparisons, mine dynoed 157.6 HP and 95.7 TQ SAE, BONE STOCK!

I would either check out your bike to make sure it's in correct running condition, or take it to another dyno.

Oh and never heard of anyone having problems with a POWER COMMANDER on a Hayabusa!

Josh
blues.gif

Once I get a scanner I will post the results with the torque and hp curves.
They are also a Suzuki dealer, they thought the figures were good for a stock busa, checked out results from somebody elses busa very similar,
One thing that I knew better was to put fresh gas in but being a spur of the moment thing and just gettin the bike out of storage I ran with the winter stabilzed fuel,
Im sure that was the brightest thing to do for hp.
They did do the atmospheric conditions, oiled the chain adjusted tire pressure and put a sensor in to account for tire slippage.
The bike has only about 200 miles
They also said that the power commander aint that bad but they did have two crap out from brand new maybe thats why they are more biased to the yosh box .
So the Muzzy mods shall soon begin
beerchug.gif

One of the guys from the board gave me a muzzy map so I will try that till my appointment for the custom map comes together.
Once I get it together.

cheers Gump

my bike at 600 miles dyno'd at 150.8hp and 97torque / after Muzzy / air box / PAIR sucker / yosh mapping dyno'd 172.9hp and 104.8 torque

modded_busa.JPG

Thought those ### were a little low for the Busa. I plan on going
with the full Muzzy and PCIIIr in the near future. Will be getting a
dyno myself next month.

Forestgump - If the SAE readings you're referring to are from an Eddy Current dyno, you have to add 15 - 18% to be equivalent to a Dyno Jet reading.

Only 145 hp?
rock.gif
WTF! I should be installing the new Micron with serpent header full exhaust sometime next week. While it's down, I will pull the pair valve and do the air box mod. With the PC and the other mods, I'm guessin' around 170 to 175 hp with approx. 102 to 105 torque. I'm hoping for the upper figure on both of those numbers though
biggrin.gif
I'm bringing my bike to Johnnycheese and let him do his thang. A good tune and custom map should give me what I'm looking for.
bowdown.gif

Brian

I thought the numbers were kind of low myself. From what I've read a stock 'Busa should pull between 150 and 155 at the rear wheel. Was I reading the numbers wrong?

Back