Still waiting for my Busa, need opinions

OB_Mr Bear

Registered
I'd light a small fire under his butt if I were you. Just start by telling him it's really upsetting you that you see blue & silver ones in other shops and on the road already, and you are stuck without one. Let him know it is to the point where you are not going to be happy about doing business with his shop in the future because of the frustration you are experiencing.

I think you should go in tomorrow and tell him you NEED the bike WITHIN TWO WEEKS from TODAY. Say your future as a customer there is on the line. If that doesn't get you your bike, then in two weeks demand your money back and say you are going elsewhere. And be firm, be prepared to call an attorney if they try to jerk you around on your deposit. But take it a step at a time. Be polite, let them know you are frustrated, give them a clear two-week deadline to keep you happy as a future customer. That gives him a reward to work for. I bet you'll have your bike in less than two weeks.

I have a blue and silver for sale right now. I used it for bike week in daytona it has 648 miles on it and I will sell it for $9500oo Firm call 1 508 234 1609 in mass.

My dealer was doing the same thing. That is exactly what I did, only I had a $200 deposit. I told my dealer if he can guarantee my bike in a week, I would wait otherwise, I was going for one 3 hours away. He pulled through, I'd probably still be waiting if I didn't light that fire.
Martin

I don't know who organizes Suzuki's shipping, but I had a deposit on one since Nov. 15/99 and was told delivery in January... long story short, it came in last Friday! (Mar 10/2000!)

I tried lighting fires.. they went out! lol

I bought from the largest volume Suzuki dealer in central Canada, yet smaller dealers 5 hours away got their shipment on time.. Go figure...

I put $2000 dollars down and ordered my Blue Busa in October. I have been hearing 1 more month from my dealer since begining of February. This now puts me in almost the middle of April! I am an extremely avid rider, 20,000 miles last year alone and my dealer knows this. I tore down my Vmax for a major overhaul this winter not expecting to need it, so now I have no bike at all! It is getting nicer every day, 60s this past week and I am always riding by now. Every other dealer within 100 miles of here has gotten in their Busas already. One dealer near here has a blue one on the floor which I can buy today if I want. I have dealt with my present dealer for 10 years now and I hate to sever this relationship. In your opinions, could I give my dealer an ultimatum of get me my bike within 2 weeks or give me my deposit back without creating hard feelings? I feel I am justified in this. My dealer has gotten in all the small bikes, R6s, F4s etc. I don't understand why they don't have my bike. Thanks for any responses.

Bulldog, I would bet it is the dealers over-promising to customers, rather than anything wrong with Suzuki's shipping system. This is a high demand, low-production machine. When customers come at dealers and salespeople with deposit money in hand, heck...could you blame them for taking your money even if they knew they were last in line to get the bike?

They probably figure they'll tell you what you want to hear, take your money, and make up the rest as they go along. Just get the customer's money now, and at least you've got the sale nailed down. You have to try to see it through their eyes. Imagine yourself in their shoes and figure how you would act. The important thing to know is there are customers dying to get their hands on these machines, and there are salesmen who can sell them, even though there aren't actually very many of the bikes to go around.

my local has a blue and a red still sitting on the floor most of the smaller bike have sold or hold signs on them but not there busa's or zx-9's the kid's can't afford them or the inshurance on them.

I ordered my busa in september and got it on newyears eve cant wait to ride it in canada i still have to wait another month{black&grey}.

This is an easy one: the relationship has already been severed, by them! Take your 2k and haul asss down to pick up that other blue one tomorrow. You'll feel soooo much better when she's in your driveway.

Good for you and Steve, sucks for the dealer. I always try to be the nice guy, but when time is up, time's up. You gave them more than enough leeway. Good job, and congrats on the new bike. You're gonna love it!! :)

Thanks for all the help guys. I questioned the owner of the shop yesterday and found out they had never ordered my bike! They were for the last 6 weeks or so trying to get one whole saled from other dealers with little success. But they were sure they could get one by the middle of April! I then said thanks but no thanks, got my oney back and bought Steve Lamberts bike. Luckilly for me, I am only 3 hours away from him. So, as a happy ending, my dealers screw up saved me almost $1000 dollars!

Back