Stickers

frisbee

GODSPEED RACING
Donating Member
Registered
Whats the best way to remove the main hayabusa stickers? The kanji , the suzukiemblem on the tank , and the 1300gsx on the rear. Should I just use a heat gun or is there a good trick ?

I'm not sure but I think they might be under the clear coat. If ther're not just be really carefull with the heat gun so you don't warp the plastic.

If you've got an '04 or newer bus with the raised chrome 'S' emblem on the tank, it will come right off with a hair dryer.

Don't use a heat gun, it's too easy to blister paint or scorch plastic.

For the tail stickers and kanji, same deal - hair dryer. Neither are under clear coat.

Use some rubbing alcohol to remove the residue, then wax the areas. You'll be good to go.

If you've got an '04 or newer bus with the raised chrome 'S' emblem on the tank, it will come right off with a hair dryer.

Don't use a heat gun, it's too easy to blister paint or scorch plastic.

For the tail stickers and kanji, same deal - hair dryer. Neither are under clear coat.

Use some rubbing alcohol to remove the residue, then wax the areas. You'll be good to go.
I stand corrected.
thumbs-up.gif
Very good point about the hair dryer. Just get it warm enough to loosen the glue.

I don't think the stickers are under the clearcoat, so the hair dryer should be sufficient to get them off. Take your time and be careful and you shouldn't have any trouble.

Back