STATOR COVER

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Hey there, Now this may sound like a stupid question to most of you but I have never taken one of these off, What fluids are behind the stator cover, when replacing the cover do I need to drain anything before removing the old one.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Just make sure you have everything lined up when installing. The stator magnet pulls the cover.

If that gasket is not lined up or you turn the stator cover the gasket will tear.

Extra gasket a plus when doing this. Tighten 84 inch pounds. (7 ft. pds.)

Check for leakage before installing the fairing.

r8

Just alittle bit of oil will come out. Nothing much to worry about. Make sure your fingers are out of the way. That magnet pulls hard. It will surprise you and may even scare you.

+1 again ... make sure to post pics of this finished product
beerchug.gif

just make sure you put it on a stand and not on the kickstand or a lot of oil will come out.
thumb_up.gif

yeah pretty much what every one else has said... the other point is just be careful if you are swaping the cover, the cable is a somewhat of a pain to get off but it just pulls out
beerchug.gif

Put a little bit of silicone where the wiring harness exits the cover, at the grommet/gasket interface.

IF putting chrome cover on your gonna need a bead of silicone on the cover itself b4 applying gasket or it will leak....trust me...I know
firedevil.gif

Back