State of the Group Address

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Afternoon Everyone,

Well I'm sure that you are seeing changes to the site and I hope that you like them I feel beat up from all the negative email  
face7.gif

Because I am temporarily unemployed I am really pushing for some corporate sponsorship and we have seen several folks step up to the plate. I am working to make the board look appealing and functional and at the same time keeping the banners visible for the businesses that have chosen to support us. Please be patient as I move things around.

type.gif
   For those that don't know the best function on this site is at the very top of the main board page and its labeled "New Post". When you come to the site if you will just hit that button then all of the new post that have been put up since your last visit will be displayed. Once you have gone through all of the messages that you want go back to the main page, scroll the bottom of the page and hit the link labeled "Mark all topics as being old". By using this method you see all of the messages and you do not have to sort around looking for messages and you are guaranteed not to miss any heart stopping pictures or updates. Try it you'll like it, you must be logged in to use the feature though. Now that is an old feature but lets see a new one.

umnik.gif

umnik.gif

umnik.gif
 In the bottom of the main page you will see the statistics panel. In the light grey shaded area you can now see how many logged in members have been on the site in the past 15 minutes and now you can see the past 24 hours. The 24 hours rotates every few minutes so it gives a good feel for the usage on the board. One last thing, we put the sponsors on here because they are looking for a way to advertise their products and we are looking for a way to help recoup some of the cost for the site. If the sponsors dont sell why would they stay. Help me help you  
1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif
browse the sponsor sites and ask questions if you have them. NLR has been great to work with but I don't see very many post or questions about Turbo or their systems. I don't want anyone to just start asking questions to pacify me but if you have a legit question ask it. I said one more thing but I lied........

rant.gif
    The gallery is up and I have added the states at the request of MANY people. Help me keep the content on the site ever changing... Personal Bike related galleries are free so why do we only have 32 members with pics there? We draw new members in by having a variety of pictures and content. I can't do it all, if everyone here would simply upload a pic of thier bike in the states section it would add roughly 5300 new pics... I get offers all the time for folks offering to help admin the site, build webpages, create scripts but what I reallly need is 5300 members throwing so much content my way that I have to sort throught it all.... I have said it since the day I started the message board on this site it's not about me it's about you all. This site is what you make if it I can't do it alone.      Go team  
director.gif

But wait there is more....... I also added the ability to upload images from the quick reply screen at the bottom of a topic. Look in the upper left corner of the quick reply box and you should see it.....

Thanks All

captain

umnik.gif

umnik.gif

1zhelp.gif

1zhelp.gif

Afternoon Everyone,

Well I'm sure that you are seeing changes to the site and I hope that you like them I feel beat up from all the negative email  
face7.gif

negative email.....you have got to be kidding .

who in the fug has a problem with the functionality of THIS website .

Point 'em out....like the rocker Neil Young said....

"We have a kinder gentler machine-gun hand"

hav a good 1.....RSD.

i think it's just not what everbody was "used" too.. nto sure why there was negative email though.. it ain't that big uh deal.

i'm about to get lined out where everythign is now.. and it is neater plsu you dont' hafta scroll allday to find the bottom of the page

go cap'n go cap'n

OK OK, I know I was bitching some a few weeks ago.... BUT, and I mean this, I am digging a lot of the new features, the ability to post pics from the quick post window is very cool, the coppermine gallery is cool, and yeah the pages do load faster...

Still the best damn Busa site IMNSHO...

As Allways thanks again Captain, and sorry I doubted you...

I think everything's looking great!
biggrin.gif
Agree with Rev up there...still the best damn Busa site!

I like the new layout. I didn't like the previous layout when forums were grouped, but I figured you were runnin the board Captain, and I wasn't going complain. The only reason I didn't like it, was because I open the forums in a new window, then the posts in a new window also. When you grouped the forums together it made for more windows, or more "back" button work.

I was just getting used to that, and then you go and make it all better.
biggrin.gif

Good Job Captain
beerchug.gif

I love it! It seems easier to navigate than before and has some more cool features. The new pic features are easy as pie. Thanks for the instructions on the "mark all topics as being old", I had no idea.

I'm here allmost everyday, several times a day as I said before I'm addicted and damn proud of it! thank you...:;):

Oh my, but just noticed Michelle avg post's are at over 10 per day sheeze! I've been here for years and your allmost caught up to me in total #'s just since July...u go girl!
smile.gif

and Rev is 12+ I know what u guys do you come here on your work time dont ya? -
tounge.gif

Back