Starter Problems???

gill_grissom

Registered
Has anyone had problems with thier starters.. Here lately, mine is dragging ever so often and a couple of times would turn over at all .. The battery is good, and all cables are secure.. Just wondering if it is just me.. I have on 08 busa with 16000 miles.. :banghead:

'99-'02 had starter issues...get your battery load tested
Posted via Mobile Device

Load test your battery. Also double check your ground connection at the block. I've seen a few loose ones.

the starter motor is such a basic unit. either it works all the time or it doesn't work at all. If it's a slow start or intermitent start I would focus on the battery first.

If the battery is good,your starter might be getting heat soaked...might be time for a new one,but i bet its the battery...

Original battery ? Get the load test and then start thinking Shorai. Do the search.

the 3-5 most recent threads about "hard starting" were fixed when the owners got a new battery :thumbsup:

I got it new in Feburary '09. That brings up a good point,,,,,what is the life expectancy on a motorcycle battery.?

I got it new in Feburary '09. That brings up a good point,,,,,what is the life expectancy on a motorcycle battery.?

I think it varies quite a bit with make, riding frequency/duration, and whether you use a battery tender or not. My original battery went out after 2 years, but I only ride once or twice a week max and didn't use a tender. I use a tender all the time when I am not riding now.

Back