stainless braided brake line/ fittings

birdaprey

Registered
Why do some people say to stay away from aluminum fittings when using stainless steal braided brake lines.
It looks like most braided lines use aluminum fittings.
Could someone explain this to me?

I dunno.. but I have a whole set of Stainless banjo's for a galfer SS line set..

You can have em' if ya wish..

This has the double banjo for the frnt brake resivior, and bleeder built into (neat looking little thing.. not sure of it's usefullness really though)

long story how I ended up with them... lets just say Galfer has good customer service.. even if the customer is stoopit.

hehe.

Just thinking of maybe way they wouldn't use aluminum...

brake fluid may corrode aluminum more.. plus aluminum bolts.. or even steel bolts into aluminum seems to freeze up after awhile.. and I'm sure most people don't remove brake line bolts very often.. maybe thats why..

I have found if you have aluminum bolts froze sometimes it helps to kinda tap em' a little with a punch, or just splat em' with a hammer.. seems to break them loose.. like they get hot and sorta weld themselves to the threads or something..

also putting a little silicone spray on them keeps them from doing it again most times.

rock.gif

i have um on my bike and there is no probs at all, bsr is the one's i got.
dunno whether there a good make but when you toutch the brakes they work ok.:D

Brake fluid corrodes aluminum......what are your master cylinder reserviors made of
ss011.gif
Wuzzup bird!!

<!--EDIT|bratt68
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125536028 -->

Back