SSB, 200hp Busa?

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
Have you seen this month's Super Streetbike magazine? The 200hp? Busa(gen2):rofl:
They ended up with 195hp, but...they claimed 1hp from synthetic oil that isn't recommended for street/longterm use, 5hp fromMR12 race gas, because everyone can buy that and run it everyday, let alone that it'll gum things up if you leave it in the tank too long.
And, here's my favorite, Montgomery Motorsports custom cf airbox. A steal at only $900! They claim 2hp from that, then they tell you how it doesn't use an air filter:rofl: I could get 2hp from taking my air filter out!:rofl:
Sorry, I was just underwhelmed with the whole thing. Thought it was kinda ridiculous. They did use a power commander and a full M4 claiming 11hp and 6 ft lbs trq, that was the only thing that made any sense. The Ecu Editor would be cool to see in one of these write ups. But then the bandwagoneers would swamp Greg with orders, may or may not be bad thing???
Rant over:laugh:

Meh I more less look at the pretty pictures in their magazine rather than lesten to some of their crazy thoughts. Yeah show up to a track day with spiked frame sliders(crash proof your bike article) see where that gets you:rofl: Props to Ball Z for getting a feature on the illuminated seat. It's hawt :bounce: tell me the chick comes with it :whistle:

the airbox is a waste of money. running allison 0 weight oil is highly unsuggested in a street bike. They would have made more power putting lighter tires on there than both those mods. Running oxygenated fuel helps, a lot, but generally shows itself in mph and et than on the dyno.

ask ninja killer, it doesn't take that much bs to make the power they made.... take ninja killers bike, add q16/mr12 and pull the air filter..... We'd made over 200 without running dangerous oil and spending a grand on an airbox.

I just put Alisyn 0 weight in my bike because when I called Brocks for their recommendation they said run the 0w. I even specified I was mainly riding street, with the occasional trip the the track. What's the downfall of this oil?

I just put Alisyn 0 weight in my bike because when I called Brocks for their recommendation they said run the 0w. I even specified I was mainly riding street, with the occasional trip the the track. What's the downfall of this oil?

A heavier/thicker oil will protect the engine better long term.

the airbox is a waste of money. running allison 0 weight oil is highly unsuggested in a street bike. They would have made more power putting lighter tires on there than both those mods. Running oxygenated fuel helps, a lot, but generally shows itself in mph and et than on the dyno.

ask ninja killer, it doesn't take that much bs to make the power they made.... take ninja killers bike, add q16/mr12 and pull the air filter..... We'd made over 200 without running dangerous oil and spending a grand on an airbox.

10/4 , My Busa will Scream :thumbsup:

So just switch to a heavy oil on my next change?

Supposedly the 0 weight oil is so thin that as it breaks down it's not as capable of protecting the engine. I'm not an engineer and I'm not going to start another oil thread.:laugh:
Personally I just run full synthetic 10w40.

:whistle:

005 (1350x1013).jpg

I just read it the other day also, Kinda funny for sure

Go post up on there forums! :thumbsup:

They couldn't believe I went 200+ on a stock engine BUSA after I had some questions on there 200mph article, where they went 194mph WITH nitrous... :whistle:

Back