had two b-kings, now i want an easy 200hp atw on a '10 busa

jiimmy

Registered
i was generally disappointed in the b-kings, mainly in their soft handling and soft front end even when fettling the settings. i wrote one off, and generally flogged them to the max. so i know the potential within that motor. had mine dynoed at 168hp atw, fully stock. very very nice motor.

i currently ride a GSX1400 (my 3rd) with a full akra and pc3 dyno tune. i will never get rid of this bike. its my giant motard, and getting onto a stock busa with its moonshot gearing, the busa felt a touch weak for my street and road riding, but better than the zx14/zzr1400. i am under no illusion that they would destroy the GSX1400 on big roads. i have had two b-kings. i am a realist.

so, i got thinking, a tooth less on the front, a full akra, pc3, filter, and i've been told the power will hike to around 191 atw once run in? is this true?

if so, what do i need to do to get it above a genuine 200 reliable cheap ponies atw? will i need the yoshi cams? do they ruin the ridability or turn it into a giant litre bike? are they ok with the akra?

any other ideas for a naturally aspirated 200+hp atw? i am a torque junkie at heart, but i've been told that will increase too if done properly. litre bikes make me sick with their gutless response. my favourite game on the 1400 is litre bashing. ridden everything else on the market. the busa seems to tick the boxes for a second bike. also, i'm 6foot 5, so i look like a ****-head on litre bikes. i have no real intention in scratching on the busa like i do on the 14.

i would be using the busa as a second bike, for some touring, and for the faster longer roads out west. would stick a double bubble on a black 2010. otherwise the gsx1400 is my king ****. i'm a regular on gsx1400 org, but you dont have that bike in the states from what i hear.

fuel doesn't bother me. my 14 gets 23mpg and about 3000km for tyres front and back. i like the feeling of my arms being pulled from their sockets and my eyes being pushed back. its important to me you see, and as good a reason for 200hp as any i've heard yet anyway....;)

Cheers to all - Jimmy

Last edited:
welcome to the board :)

I don't think i'm qualified to give advice on power mods. I'm sure a more knowledgeable board member will chime in shortly.

how much money are you planning to dump into it?

well, the minimum is always a full akra and pc3 and dyno, and that will be a few grand, so a bit extra is not a problem really. i dont expect to have to dump 10grand to get 8 or 9 extra hp. another two or three Aussie grand would be ok to get it done nicely.

Cheers Jimmy.

i have been on here before on the b-king area, but it forgot about me.

oh yeah, my GSX1400 is dumping spot on 100ft-lbs nice and low in the rev range. combine that with relatively lowish gearing and thats why it punches like earnie shavers on the road. now, i'm not expecting the busa to have that power shape, but what torques can i expect atw and where? 110-115 ft-lbs? 7-8K revs?

Last edited:
*Full Akrapovic exhaust $1000 give or take as I'm just guessing
*PC/BAZZAZ and tune $500-600
*Air filter $60
All these prices are just rough estimates but I think that would put you in the $1500 or so range maybe some more....and you might get a true 185-188HP. Then I would think some mild cams and larger pistons would get you to the 200RWHP mark....So tack another $2000 on for that. Maybe just porting the head and doing the cams would get you the 200RWHP but I would expect to spend 2000 on that also. Anyway you look at it its safe to say your spending $3500 for everything give or take a few bucks....of course this is all my opinion of course and how I would approach it. So $3500 for 200RWHP...or get a stage 1 turbo and leave it at 4lb and make 230HP for around the same amount of money

+1 After exhaust and fuel tune it gets expensive. Bore and stroke, head work and cams are the only way for non turbo, no supercharger, no nitros, to make that much power to the wheel.

hey thanx for the replies :beerchug:

here is a little piccie of the 14

PA090256.jpg

PA090261.jpg

PA090263.jpg

these are my dunlop roadsmarts after 5000km. i have been extremely happy with them. i got 2500km from the battlax. i cant use a compound too soft in our climate and coarse bitumen, or they will literally melt like the qualifier did on the b-king.

i've also dumped the stock footpegs for oberons due to clearance issues. all good now.

yes, i think a busa would compliment this bike beautifully.

P4180015.jpg

Last edited:
OMG..and its black!:drool::drool::bowdown::thumbsup: nice ride, good luck with the busa. I'd think upper 190's is a sure bet with out splitting the cases. Be sure to post that GSX in the classifeds here when your ready to let it go:thumbsup:

OMG..and its black!:drool::drool::bowdown::thumbsup: nice ride, good luck with the busa. I'd think upper 190's is a sure bet with out splitting the cases. Be sure to post that GSX in the classifeds here when your ready to let it go:thumbsup:

thanks mate. i will not sell the 14 though. some things are keepers. i was actually considering a second 14 as my second bike, but now looking at the busa.

if i went the 14 as a second bike, i would put the 1550 (1620 kit is not leaving much meat in there) big bore on it, yoshi cams, high comp pistons, full akra, pc3 and some lungs. that should net around 160ish hp atw which is pretty much maxing it for normal aspiration on a 14 ....but i'd like to see a jaw smashing 120-130ft-lbs hopefully. not bad for about 205-210kg dry as it is now.

anyway, i'll continue to look into the busa. cheers for the advice.

any ideas what torque figures atw i'm looking at with full akra and pc3 for the 2010 busa? i think that would be my starting point, with one tooth less at the front.

Cheers to all :beerchug:

Jiimmy..... AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE .

With that out of the way . That is a baaaaYoootiful bike !
I love it .
I want one.
Totally retro with the dual rear shocks .

If you check my garage page you can see things I have done to my 09 which is same bike.
My hp is close to 190 and torque is at 110.

Last edited:
:beerchug: big cheers for the welcome, and the info. thanks also for the compliments on the 14. i will never sell it! but surely you can get them somehow??? every time i put it away in its garage, i turn and stare in disbelief.

i love the busa too. all bikers must concede it to be one of the greatest pieces of machinery ever wrought by human hand.

next up, busa

Last edited:
Jiimmy..... AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE .

With that out of the way . That is a baaaaYoootiful bike !
I love it .
I want one.
Totally retro with the dual rear shocks .

If you check my garage page you can see things I have done to my 09 which is same bike.
My hp is close to 190 and torque is at 110.

thanks for that. very nice numbers. amazing torque:thumbsup:

Back