Spy photos of Mrs. Kesler at MRA training

Nice pics and vid man
smile.gif
Nice to see someone else who likes to capture the "moment".

My lovely wifey rides also.

Took a lot of guts on her part, especially after she dropped her bike the first day she was learning with me in a parking lot.

Now I have a terrific riding partner, although we look kinda funny with her riding her Buell Blast and me on a Busa.

She'd like another machine in the near future, looking like a 1200 Sportster. She like cruising and likes Harleys, so that's the way I think we're going.

Busa and a Sportster, got all the bases covered.

PS - SInce her little Buell struggles at 80mph, my Busa ends up carrying most of the gear when we tour. You'd be amazed what you can pack into some soft bags hung on a Busa, and the bike couldn't care less dynamically... a big plus there being a... well... significant reserve of power being available.

had to upgrade my wife from a gs 550 to a cbr 600 to keep up with my R6 now i have the busa and will have to get her a 900RR to stay up with the busa
laugh.gif

Glad you convinced your wife to ride too! Here's a not-so-spy photo of my wife on her R6. Had to lower it 1.25" for her to be able to touch the ground (only 5' tall :-) ), but she's a blast to ride with - I think horsepower to weight ratio her and her R6 are close to me and my busa...I just punish the trottle more
biggrin.gif

Dianebike.jpg

Glad you convinced your wife to ride too! Here's a not-so-spy photo of my wife on her R6. Had to lower it 1.25" for her to be able to touch the ground (only 5' tall :-) ), but she's a blast to ride with - I think horsepower to weight ratio her and her R6 are close to me and my busa...I just punish the trottle more
biggrin.gif
My wife is about the same, 5' tall, about 100lbs. I think that whatever we get will have to be lowered. I would kind of like to get a katana partially because that is what "spicy" and "the kat's meow" have. We will probably be riding with them and each of their husbands have busas. That will be cool, three busas and three kats cruisin the central florida mountains.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

What do you guys think about this one I found on e-bay? I e-mailed them to see if I could check it out in person. They are only about 1.5 hrs from here. (cage speed) I don't like to buy vehicles that I haven't inspected up close.

My wife is about the same, 5' tall, about 100lbs. I think that whatever we get will have to be lowered. I would kind of like to get a katana partially because that is what "spicy" and "the kat's meow" have. We will probably be riding with them and each of their husbands have busas. That will be cool, three busas and three kats cruisin the central florida mountains.  
biggrin.gif
That would be pretty cool
smile.gif

Not knocking the katana (it is a zuk after all
biggrin.gif
) but check out the weight on it. My wife's 120 and she could barely lift the katana off of the kickstand. The R6 was the only bike she could easily lift...and lowered she still has some issues on slopes and backing up. And on top of that, the R6 only comes to life after 9000~ RPMs so as long as you keep it under that the bike is really easy to ride...and has lots of room to grow into
smile.gif
The only bad thing about the R6 is the aggressive riding position. My wife liked it better than riding up right, but I've heard of novice riders not liking the ride position. 2 pennies

biggrin.gif

smile.gif

What do you guys think about this one I found on e-bay? I e-mailed them to see if I could check it out in person. They are only about 1.5 hrs from here. (cage speed) I don't like to buy vehicles that I haven't inspected up close.
Nice! I like the color and it's very clean.

But I think the point on the weight is something to think about. Has she gotten on a Kat and tried to stand it up? Or even try to stand up the Busa. They are almost the same weight.

Although the 600 might be a bit lighter than a 750.

The thing I love about Kats are that they are so forgiving. You take a corner wrong, and it just says "Oh, is that what you wanted to do. Ok" Great starter bike.

Good luck Kevin.. let us know when she's ready, we'll introduce her to group riding!

Nice! I like the color and it's very clean.

But I think the point on the weight is something to think about. Has she gotten on a Kat and tried to stand it up? Or even try to stand up the Busa. They are almost the same weight.

Although the 600 might be a bit lighter than a 750.

The thing I love about Kats are that they are so forgiving. You take a corner wrong, and it just says "Oh, is that what you wanted to do. Ok"  Great starter bike.

Good luck Kevin.. let us know when she's ready, we'll introduce her to group riding!
Okay, I wrote the guy with the Katana, he said the price is not firm, the bike hasn't been used in about a year and when he started it, it didn't sound as good as he thought it should. I'm guessing I can get it for around $2500.00. I also found an ad for a 2004 ninja 250 asking $3000.00, I've already talked her down as low as she says she is willing to go. $2551.44. Don't ask. Which should I get, if either? The Kat probably IS too heavy and will be more difficult for her to learn on. The Ninja is basically just a toy, but she can get comfy and learn on it.

Help.

Kev

Kevin

i have a 92 fzr up for sale. its the vance hines edition. so yes its yellow, pink, and black. let me know if ur interested. lots and lots of new/aftermarket. 2k is all im asking

Matt

motorcyclefzr.jpg

Kevin

i have a 92 fzr up for sale.  its the vance hines edition.  so yes its yellow, pink, and black.  let me know if ur interested.  lots and lots of new/aftermarket.  2k is all im asking

Matt
I'm interested, what's the weight, condition, and can it be made to fit a 5' tall lady? Also, what is the engine size?

this is what i was makeing for ebay, should cover just about everything. hope you like it. i can get some new pics of the exhaust painted i you want.

Yamaha FZR 600, Vance and Hines Edition

This is the perfect bike for you! i have out handled, out ridden many of the new 600's on the market on this very fast and very nimble FZR. To see what it was truely capable of i took it to my local drag strip and ran an amazing 12.49 at 111 mph. For a bike thats 13 years old thats preety damn good, wheelies in the first three gears proved this bike meant buisness. Now for the goodies.

Progressive Suspension front springs, give this bike a much better turn in, and very nice handleing qualities, especially under brakeing
Full race Exhaust, recently painted yellow to go with the bike. the paint was heat treated before installation.
Kevlar Clutch, along with stiffer clutch springs which give a much better bite when accelerating
Stage 3 Jets, richens the fuel to air mixture up providing more power
Stage 3 cam, works well with the jets. if you like the rumble of a race engine you will love the sound this bike makes!!
Brand new bridgestones, they are a part of the SS series providing unbeliveable grip and confidence in turns. I can take clover leafs at 55mph easy, the suspension helps this also. with 90%tread left.
Gearing, 1 tooth up in the back to lower the top speed from a ludicris 165 to a more resonable 140, it gets there a hell of alot faster though. A new chain was fitted this season also.
Cosmetics, yellow tinted wind sheild, yellow medium density grips, removed the ugly rear fender and located the plate under the tail like the newer bikes, removal of the rear turn signals(i opt for the hand signaling, seems to get the drivers attention more), dunlop stickers from the factory along with a few of the aftermarket parts stickers on the bike. The tail light was recessed to provide a more clean look.
Mantinence, oil changed twice a season and was done during the winterization, new brake pads up front, tires religiously pressure checked, chain regularly oiled. regulator was changed and a new battery was fitted (common among this bike)

Take note this is a 13 year old bike and has its share of small scratches and imperfections. This will not hinder your ability to get a crowd around the bike though:) The pervious owner must have tipped it over in his garage and put some small scratchs in the left side case cover along with breaking a piece in the fairing off. Never seemed to bother me, as it just shows off the newly painted headers better. The miles put on this bike were primarily me going to and from school/work on the highway, and not so much bashing it on the weekend. Any questions on the condition dont hesitate to ask. its around 23000 and running strong. Because of the cam and jets the bike idles kinda rough, but sounds killer!

sold as is, sale is final. what ya see is what ya get, as some would say. Although i will include the removed turn signals and associated parts.

Payment due within 4 days, you can arrange shipping/delivery, i can deliver with in 50 or so miles of the twin cities, FOR FREE.

just in time for XMAS!!!! BID NOW

ill have a friend sit on it to see about the height shes at 5'1 so should be close. its not on ebay as of yet.

Matt

Awesome Kevin! Send congrats to your wife...you two will have a blast riding together...
smile.gif

Now, we really do need to get another gal on a Busa you know! Have her get with me...we'll TALK...
tounge.gif

Congrats to the wife Kev. She looks like a pro riding that bike. Now when she's ready to ride the Busa, don't be stingy...
biggrin.gif

congradulations Kev, my girlfreind rides a Vulcan 750, and we have a lot of good times rideing together. A couple that rides together, stay,s together.
biggrin.gif

Back