Spring thaw

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
It's getting to that time of year again. The snow is melting, the rains are going away, and we can bring our machines out of hibernation again. So let's be careful. We haven't ridden in months maybe and the roads are still a little slick with sand, water etc. Seems like every year someone gets out and gets on it too soon and learns an expensive lesson. Warm up them skills as well as the Busa, get used to riding again. Then let 'er rip!

Hey its Big O
biggrin.gif

Getting ready for Vegas??

Good point, everyone stay safe.

It's getting to that time of year again.  The snow is melting, the rains are going away, and we can bring our machines out of hibernation again.  So let's be careful.  We haven't ridden in months maybe and the roads are still a little slick with sand, water etc.  Seems like every year someone gets out and gets on it too soon and learns an expensive lesson.  Warm up them skills as well as the Busa, get used to riding again.  Then let 'er rip!
Good reminder.  I bought my '06LE in January.  I've been taking her out trying to get some break-in miles on her *before* riding season.  Yeah, plently to be wary about (sand, cold (rider and tires), ice, snow).  I watch the weather like a hawk.  Give me a day in the high 30's of hopefully 40's and if the roads are okay I'm out there.  It's nowhere near as much fun as when it is warm but I'll take it when I can get it.

But, SAFETY is #1.  I ride *well* within my limits and I am very cautious.

Think sand on the road for you Northern guys and gals. Every year we see a few sand accidents. Let's not start of this year with any.

Sand nearly got me the other day here in Florida. The other night I was driving home in my truck and noticed the highway department was repainting the highway road markings like the white reflective turn arrows and such. I didn't give it much thought. I just assumed they were spraying paint.

Well it turns out they were sandblasting the markings first. The next day I was on the busa and taking the last turn on the way home when I felt the wheels let loose in the turn. I recovered fine but upon closer inspection I discovered the fine sand residue around the markings and across the road. One of those invisible road hazards you don't expect to run across. So keep your eyes peeled. They sand the roads here in the south even though we dont get any snow.

<!--EDIT|Oldroller
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141530120 -->

I treat every day as if I am just learning to ride its what works for me. Everyone be safe and have a great one.

And the cagers aren't use to seeing bikes out too. So keep an eye out for them and drive defensively.

Back