Sportbike west

monsterspeedfreak

Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering how many members are headin up to sportbike west in Kelowna B.C.
I know Iced is goin.......and I'm tryin to get the time off but don't know yet.

So who else is goin?
rock.gif

Here's the site.
www.sportbikewest.com

I'm going for sure with a couple neighbours (ZX-9 and ST1100) and a support vehicle. Hoping there are more people that can come along. This is my first bike rally so hoping it will be a blast! MSF, hope u and Glen can make it!

Hey Iced......Chris.....or scaryclownbusa on this board is goin.....he pm'd me yesterday.
Pm him so you can meet up.......he's a good shi! !!!!

i keep getting these "500" errors when trying to post or send PM's unfortunately... giving up for tonight

I've made it back from Sportbike West.  I had a great time there and ran into scaryclownbusa and kingofbling.  Awesome bikes guys! and nice to meet you for the first time, King.  Nice to see peoples originality for these these beasts.  
smile.gif

scary and I threw our Busa's on the dyno and got some really low numbers (as well as everyone else there.  Seemed to be quite the hot topic but noone really had a good explanation).  I only saw 133.4hp (rear wheel) on my completely stock Busa on this SuperFlow dyno system.  Scary saw 122hp who had 151.9hp(?) on a DynoJet system last year?  Anyone got a good technical difference between the two?  

Only unfortunately part about the rally was all the commotion about the forest fires going on there.  It was getting quite smokey there today and a lot of ash was falling.  Other than that, I had one of the best times hanging out there at my first bike rally.   Looking forward to more!

p.s. scary, sorry about your dyno run
wow.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
hehehe...  I'm home now, maybe you'll see this message later when u finally get home.

Crap........those are low numbers.........what's the altitude there.
Not sure it makes that big of a difference......prolly not.

Sounds like you had a great time.

I had to go to Ashcroft at 2 am on Sat.....didn't get there till 5am.................forest fire was right on our back door up there........didn't get much sleep cuz of it.

We put all our irrigation out on the buildings to wet them down so they didn't ignite from spark.

They brought 4 water bombers in first light and had most of the one fire out by 11 am.
Fires on the other side of the Thompson river in Ashcroft were still goin strong when we left.......real strong.

Pretty freaky when it's right close to yer property and yer worried but losing everything........and the smoke........man.....you could barely breathe in some places.

Talk at ya later dude.

BTW.....who's KingofBling and what's his bike like???

Yes it's very scary up there... I had a bad hangover Sunday but seeing all the ash and smoke and that scary feeling of being unable to breathe made us pack up quick and leave.

I thought KingOfBling mentioned he was on this board... but I don't see his nickname anywhere... He's got some crazy blue marble custom paint job and a chrome tank. I met him during a night ride when we were all parked in town (about 200 bikes!). Very nice guy. He might come down sometime to our area in the near future

Back