Sport Touring Time!!

jch82

Registered
Well, I made it home from my first long distance ride with no major problems. Round trip was close to 1500 miles and it was a great ride to say the least! The ride on 77 through the mountains in Virginia and West Virginia was definitely the best part of the trip! I stopped quite a bit on the way down there to take some pictures.
biggrin.gif

I was a little nervous on the way home yesterday because the weather had showed a nasty cold front that came down from Canada so I was hoping I wouldn't hit any rain or snow. Thankfully I didn't run into either during the entire ride.

It was however extremely windy through the mountains yesterday afternoon which was something I had never experienced before...It was not very fun going through the twisties with a bad crosswind...

Anyway, on to the pics!

North Carolina Ride

Josh

bin in some bad winds also 40mph wind and rain while i was crossing the bluewater bridge
how did the elect stuff work out for you?
thanks for shareing

(ranman @ Oct. 15 2006,17:24) how did the elect stuff work out for you?
The jacket liner worked very well and kept me warm on the ride home. The sun went down about the time I got north of Columbus, OH and it was definitely cold out once the sun was gone...

I think that I either need a separate controller for the electric socks or the "comfort" socks that gerbing offers. The ones I purchased have heating elements throughout and I found that having the jacket liner on high was to hot for the bottom of my feet/heel. The "comfort" socks they offer only have an element for the top of your feet so I think those would work much better.

I would also consider investing in heated gloves when riding in cold weather. The heated grips worked nicely until the sun went down and it got really cold.

I will also say that the H.I.D. low beam I installed was absolutely amazing! I haven't even adjusted it yet and it lights up the entire road and then some... An excellent investment for anyone that rides night or day.
wink.gif
The one reason behind it's purchase was the lower wattage requirement so I wouldn't have a problem when my heated gear was on. The amount of light it puts out can't be described with words, it is something that has to be experienced. Those of you with the H.I.D. kit know what I am talking about.

I like the 2 rest area pics......
beerchug.gif
[/Quote]

I agree with you on those two pictures!
biggrin.gif

Josh

great pics. glad ya had a great ride and you are correct about the HID, makes a big difference, I love mine.

Back