Sport Rider.

war69

Registered
Man did they beat up the Busa in this magazine. Anyone read?
DSC00581.jpg

I just don't think you can take anything away from the new 14R and the "S" needs to respond. :poke: Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my GenII but when a liter bike (S1000RR) is pounding on your door with all of it's technical advances, it's time to step up if you want to be King of the Hill. I feel those bikes are the next step and it's time.

Read it and cannot argue the truth. Put up or shut up. Your move Suzuki....

I love my 09' and wouldn't have anything else as of now. I'm very happy w/ what I have and really don't worry about what I don't have. Don't get me wrong, the new 14 is awesome, just not for me. I eagerly await Suzuki's retort, if they have one. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I always wonder if Kawasaki and Suzuki don't perhaps have some backroom discussions on how to manipulate the market?

In 2001 Suzuki and Kawasaki entered into an alliance that allowed the two companies to share models and resources. The 250f's were the same, some mini's, the dual sport bikes and the quads. However, that has changed with the 2006 model year. Both companies announced they would discontinue all shared models after the 2007 year.

Could be a nice strategy not to compete with the Concours, the KLR650 and prepare for a new Busa model about two years out. The ZX14 has never been a big seller. Then when a new Busa is launched, it is again the king and with a little bit of re-tooling they bump sales way up. ???

Thruth of the matter is times are tough... Suzuki is in economic defense mode. Retooling motorcycles cost lots of money and then you need to sell at higher cost to recoup the expenditures. Business decisions. I think suzuki is trying to keep the per unit cost down through the the hard times and bring the best price point (best value) to the market. However, they need to be ready at some point to challenge in the Hyperbike and Litrebike category or risk falling too far behind in the technology and power war. European manufacturers and Kawa seems to be hell bent on cornering the market while Suzuki sits on the sideline.

The ZX-14 is clearly a watershed motorcycle - just as the SR 1000 has been in the litre bike category. All good - but are they that much better at the MSRP than Suzuki and others?

You know I keep reading about people going back and fourth about which bike is "better" or "stronger". I look at this way. Once you buy an S1000 or a 14 how much more can they're engines handle? IMO those two companies have pushed their engineering to the max just to "out-do" the stock Hayabusa. With a couple hundred dollars they can't even come close anymore to a mildly modded Hayabusa. I'm just saying. If I wanted a lil' more I would find a nice used GenII and take all the extra money that I saved not buying one of the others and build something that I couldn't buy.

Thruth of the matter is times are tough... Suzuki is in economic defense mode. Retooling motorcycles cost lots of money and then you need to sell at higher cost to recoup the expenditures. Business decisions. I think suzuki is trying to keep the per unit cost down through the the hard times and bring the best price point (best value) to the market. However, they need to be ready at some point to challenge in the Hyperbike and Litrebike category or risk falling too far behind in the technology and power war. European manufacturers and Kawa seems to be hell bent on cornering the market while Suzuki sits on the sideline.

The ZX-14 is clearly a watershed motorcycle - just as the SR 1000 has been in the litre bike category. All good - but are they that much better at the MSRP than Suzuki and others?

Yes - I did read it and the Busa was beat down like some old washed up, punch drunk fighter. The numbers don't lie but for goodness sake you'd think you'd be a wuss for even thinking about purchasing a Busa. I don't think mags ever bashed the Kawa in the same way despite the fact the Busa owned the old ZX-14.

i read it to and big deal the 14 takes a year from us and it only took 12 years.. also who remembers when the gen2 came out sport rider hade a supplement mage all about the history of the busa to the regular issue..the 14 dident get that kind of press....

My take on all of this is:

1) The ZX14 has a larger displacement engine, it should have more HP - duh. People are comparing apples to oranges.

2) So what if it's fractions of a second faster on the drag strip? How often will that be important or valuable in your everyday riding?

3) If having the fastest bike is important to you, then do like red1100cc said, bolt on a turbo.

4) Most riders will never realize the max potential of their bike

5) IMO the Z is ugly. The Busa is B-E-A-UTIFUL! :laugh:

6) Like everything thing else, eventually, new technology comes along. It doesn't make what you have any less powerful. Besides you'll go broke trying to keep up with the changes.

7) IMO the Z is ugly.

8) IMO the Z is ugly.

:laugh:

1) The ZX14 has a larger displacement engine, it should have more HP - duh. People are comparing apples to oranges.

2) So what if it's fractions of a second faster on the drag strip? How often will that be important or valuable in your everyday riding?

3) If having the fastest bike is important to you, then do like red1100cc said, bolt on a turbo.

6) Like everything thing else, eventually, new technology comes along. It doesn't make what you have any less powerful. Besides you'll go broke trying to keep up with the changes.

7) IMO the Z is ugly.

8) IMO the Z is ugly.

Exactly.:thumbsup:

**Heard on every other sportbike forum for the last decade** :poke: :whistle:

1) The busa has a larger displacement engine, it should have more HP - duh. People are comparing apples to oranges.

5) IMO the busa is ugly. The (insert bike here) is B-E-A-UTIFUL! :laugh:

7) IMO the Busa is ugly.

8) IMO the Busa is ugly.

I'd should go look for an old blackbird forum and see what they were saying back in '99 lol

7) IMO the Z is ugly.

8) IMO the Z is ugly.

What He Said :laugh:

Lets see in time if the ZX can hold up to the mileage and ware and tare like our busas can. There are peeps out there with many many miles on there busas with no issues. Thats what I call a good bike.

Back