Spiegel bars...

snowprophet1

Registered
I mounted my Spiegel bars on my gen 1 and am trying to mount the controls, but the routing of the cables and wires are a little questionable. I ground the little pins from the controls so they can fit flush on the bars, and I re-routed the "choke" cable between the two front tank bolts and angled the clutch banjo to a more relaxed angle, but I searched the web and this site for hours to try and find pictures on the correct routing, and I'm burned out! Has anyone seen any good pictures of both sides of the bars to help the cable routings for the spiegel bars?
I was a little frustrated when I tried to raise the tank after putting on the bars and found out they don't clear the bars! Does anybody try their products before selling them to the public? Jeesh!:banghead:

I added the Spiegler bar set up to my GEN 1 Busa last year. Here is what I did:

I located the position for the controls, marked the position for the pins and drilled the holes necessary for the pins to slide in to.
I followed the same routing of the choke cable that you did and used black zipty's to keep everything clean.
I'm not a fan of how the throttle cables had to be routed (the right side of the head stock) to keep from binding because it looks somewhat untidy, but it works.
I added new Spiegler brake and clutch lines that were 2" longer so i didn't need to do any special routing with them.

Just take some time to work through the routing of your cables and lines, make sure there is nothing binding or touching that could create a failure.

This was absolutely one of the best modifications I have made to the Busa. It ranks right up there with getting the forks sprung correctly and revalvled specifically for me.

Bandit, what wind shield are you using and did you have to trim it ? New to my '06 'busa and can't wait to ride it more . Still recuperating from shoulder ding and need to sit up more when riding any distance. Thanks for any reply.

Back