Heli bars 2008 Busa?

GSrider

Registered
Hi,

I just got around yesterday to installing a set of Buell pags, 3/4" genmar riser, and TS03000 Heli bar kit. The installation went well until I went to install the bars. The first one I attempted was the TS03000-L on the left(clutch side). I installed the controls and attempted to intall the clutch master cylinder and it wouldn't go on. Upon futher inspection I made sure that the control was located in the proper hole in the bar but that the flash-to-pass switch was oriented at the top of the bar and the whole control assembly appeared to be rotated in a clockwise direction, maybe 20-30 degrees too far. This wouldn't allow the clutch master cylinder to be mounted on the bar because of interference with the controls. I remover the bar and compared it to the TS03000-R and noticed the different locator hole postion in the bar. I decided to try the TS03000-R on the left side and it worked. The TS03000-L also worked on the right, throttle side, also. It doesn't appear that I have any problems with interference but I will look it over closely before I take it for a ride later today when it warms up a little.

Anyone else run into this problem with these bars?

Pat

I gave Heli a call this AM and the gal on the other end of the line told me she had heard internally that some of their bar sets got out of the factory mismarked for left and right. So if you have a set you're having trouble mounting them according to the orientation in the installation instructions, switch sides and see if they work.

Pat

I put the Heli bars only on my '09 and had no problems...and I love them. (after I got them adjusted) since they didnt fit in just one position.

Back