Spent my first day in India

whew, makes me glad I am here
smile.gif
don't order the "beef"
lol1.gif

What are those things beside the bed? I see the lamps, but I am almost afraid to ask what those stainless looking things are. Keep posting the pics!! It is neat to see a different culture, but I wouldn't wanna go there myself. Do they have much theft problems and stuff? I mean, is your stuff safe in your room?
Its like anywhere you go. there are alot of great honest people and some scum trying to rip you off. Unfortuneatly you never know which is which. With the population as high as it is here, if 10% of the people are scum, that's still a huge number of people. The room has a safe in it for my valuables which I set the combination myself.

The only stainless things beside the bed are lights. Unless you are seeing the drinking glasses on the table.

This is an interesting area. Pune was a 3rd world town less than 10 years ago. It is developing into a modern high tech city within another 10 years. The infrastructure isn't keeping pace with the rapid growth and modernization, and the clash between the new and the old is very obvious.

The growth is starting to drive prices up, but even now things are very inexpensive compared to home. An entry level software developer makes the equivalent of $2.75US an hour. I can get an all you can eat buffet lunch at a quality place for about $0.55US.

What exactly are you doing there? Business or pleasure.
Business.  Training the developers and testers how our product is supposed to work.
great pic's  what kind of company do you work for ?just asking thanks
I work for Amdocs (NYSE DOX). We provide integrated Customer Relation Management, Partner Relation Management, Ordering, Billing, and Self Service software solutions to tier 1 telephone companies.

Business.  Training the developers and testers how our product is supposed to work.
I work for Amdocs (NYSE DOX).  We provide integrated Customer Relation Management, Partner Relation Management, Ordering, Billing, and Self Service software solutions to tier 1 telephone companies.
rock.gif
Can you splain that?

Business. Training the developers and testers how our product is supposed to work.
great pic's what kind of company do you work for ?just asking thanks
I work for Amdocs (NYSE DOX). We provide integrated Customer Relation Management, Partner Relation Management, Ordering, Billing, and Self Service software solutions to tier 1 telephone companies.
rock.gif
Can you splain that?
He's saying that it's his job to train someone in India to take his job from himself and many other people in his company.

I work for Amdocs (NYSE DOX).  We provide integrated Customer Relation Management, Partner Relation Management, Ordering, Billing, and Self Service software solutions to tier 1 telephone companies.
rock.gif
Can you splain that?
He's saying that it's his job to train someone in India to take his job from himself and many other people in his company.
wowold.gif

rofl.gif
rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rock.gif
Can you splain that?
Not exactly. Amdocs has been a global company for more than a decade. The development center in India is about 5 years old. Yes, there were alot of American jobs lost when it opened, but the company distribution of employees is relatively stable and we have been adding positions in all of the countries where we have development centers, including the USA. I'm in India because we have a new contract to provide new support services to our major US client. We provide coverage on a 24x7 basis, US employees during our day and India employees during our night. Since I am the account expert for all of the Amdocs offerings, I am in India to make sure the quality of service provided to our customer is consistent regardless of who is providing it.

Back