Spent my first day in India

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
Spent a great deal of time yesterday on the phone with Continental. Botom line, they say I didn't follow instructions and manually transfer my bags in Bombay, even though they were checked all the way through to Pune in STL.

Long story short, 3 hour taxi ride from Pune to Bombay. 5 hours getting run around the airport with the taxi driver until the correct person from Continental arrived, 45 minutes to retrieve the bag, 15 minutes to find the taxi driver again since they wouldn't let him in the secure area, 3 hour taxi ride home. They have two large rooms full of luggage from people who didn't manually transfer it to their connecting flight themselves. The guy that retrieved my bag says its Continental's fault for not providing clear and accurate instructions during check in.

While it was a pain, it allowed me to see parts of India that others coming from the US won't. It was very hazy today, so i wasn't able to get pictures of what would have been awesome scenery if it were clear
sad.gif

For starters, this is where I call home for the next month

100_3866.JPG

See? Told you you'd have internet service! How much is is costing you to connect?

Hope you have a great time over there. Let us know if you see any Busas!

--Wag--

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
While it was a pain, it allowed me to see parts of India that others coming from the US won't.[/quote]

Like the baggage claim area and dirty taxi's.
rofl.gif

Sorry...Bad Rubbah.
spank.gif
Bad.

Still pictures cannot even begin to show the chaos that is traffic over here. Road markings, lights, and signs are mearly suggestions. My taxi driver could teach alot of bikers how to lane share, slit lanes, and use the shouders (and oncoming lanes for that matter). I wish I had brought a video camera.

100_3876.JPG

Basically, the traffic follows the mayonaise jar principle.  Put a bunch of trucks on the road and the raod is full correct?  No, cars are smaller and can fit in the gaps between trucks.  With trucks and cars on the road the road is full, correct?  No, motorcycles are even smaller and can fit in the gaps between the cars and the trucks.  THis leads to the result that the bikes bubble to the front when traffic actually stops for a light.

100_3880.JPG

You don't see gear worn around here. Maybe 25% of the riders wear a helmet, but I have yet to see a soingle passenger with one. Haven't seen a jacket, pants, or boots either.

But biking in India is a family affair. Families of three on a single bike are pretty common. Families of four on a single bike are readily seen. I even saw a family of five on a single bike. Getting pictures of these in the chaos is difficult. Especially since they usually, unlike these people, squash the kids inbetween the parents. By the time you see them, there isn't ewnough time to get the shot.

100_3882.JPG

See?  Told you you'd have internet service!  How much is is costing you to connect?

Hope you have a great time over there.  Let us know if you see any Busas!

--Wag--
I knew I'd have a connection once I got to Pune, just not along the way. Its included in the room rate.

Busas,hah, I haven't seen anything bigger than a 175 yet. And the guys that like the 2 stroke sound would be in heaven here
smile.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
While it was a pain, it allowed me to see parts of India that others coming from the US won't.[/quote]

Like the baggage claim area and dirty taxi's.
rofl.gif

Sorry...Bad Rubbah.  
spank.gif
 Bad.[/quote]
More like dirty baggage claim areas, dirty rest stops, and dirty taxis. Clean freaks can skip coming here. I think having the second dirtiest Busa on the oRg is paying off
smile.gif

See not much has changed. Other than downtown areas will have more IT sourced out work now. Great doc pics.

Back