speedometer change

KimDias

Registered
Does anyone out there have any experience replacing the oem 185 speedometer on my 2006 'busa with the oem unit that came on the original '99 'busa? I change and works everything fine but does not move de speed indicator, please hel me my friends, from Portugal thank you in advance

Welcome to the board Kim. I did a quick search and found a few threads about the swap. Most of what I found was new to older Busa's but they all seem to say the same thing. Check the wiring. The post below have different links to manuals and more post as well. Hopefully this will help
Jim

@Berlin Germany

The pinout is different?
Correct?

hmmm,
how best to answer?
such a hugh/big topic/theme

connector body
itself at the gen1s is at ´99-´07 allways the same.
the conn. of gen2 differs to gen1´s

pinout
at gen1 differs only a bit at the wire colors
but as far as i understood the scheme not in the function
example the grey wire changed to o/g (orange/green) - see att. pics of a ´00 and a ´03 scheme
my experience is that all gen1 speedometers can be exchanged with each other gen1´s without any problems
even the displayed speed remains correct regardless of whether the speedometer shows up to 280 ('01-'07) or up to 340 km/h ('99+'00) (180 / 220 mph)

the wire colors at gen2 differ to gen1´s

speedos (1)
the gen1 and
gen2 are not interchangeable

speedos(2)
and i guess (didn´t try out that yet) the gen2a speedos from ´08-´12 are also not interchangeable to gen2b´s ´13-´16(´18)
gen2b´s have the abs light

best way - allways! - is to watch the electric scheme.

the respective schemes (5) of the gen1 (individually of all years of construction - y.o.c.) were completely redrawn by myself in hundreds of hours (in autocad) in color for my own use.

damn - a nuts job for a totally mad man - seriously.
(and a bit later i put the same completely insane work into the schemes of the gen2 / with & without abs , again in umpteen hours)

main harnesses gen1
they differ a bit - from y.o.c. to y.o.c.
hazard switch
missing lights on/off switch after 2002

scheme 2000.png

scheme 2003.png

Last edited:
Back