Speed hump

OB_hatsubatsu

Registered
Does anyone have experience, good or bad, with a leather suit with a speed hump on the back?
Does it bringh another KMP or MPH on top speed?
How about the Spyke Vortex?

Hatsubatsu

"Speed Hump" if your referring to the neck brace hump on the upper half of the back of the leathers then yes I have one and it's nice. It supports your neck a lot, your helmet basically rest on the hump.

The speedhump is an integrated part of some high speed racing leathers. Spyke (www.spyke.it) and Dianese (www.dianese.com) have them in their program. I have just bought the Spyke Vortex.
I did not have the change for a real speed run, but my previous leather started to pull me back heavily at speeds above 290 kph (air turbulance cause by vacuum behind helmet). First 300kph run was promising. I'll keep you posted on results.

The AGV Hayabusa jackets come with a small one. It does indeed brace your helmet at high speeds but I found it more difficult to turn my head, as in when switching lanes. Sold it and bought the AGV Suzuki jacket.

In order to avoid my head from being ripped of at 170+mph, I bought a Puig clear dub-bub and look through it.

Hey, this was my 1600th post!
cool.gif

(06BUSA @ Sep. 12 2006,09:14)
(Spigga @ Sep. 11 2006,22:37) Hey, this was my 1600th post!  
cool.gif
ON a 6 year old post. Watch out they are back.  
wink.gif
crazy.gif
I knew that! I just wanted to see if anyone would notice. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
all_coholic.gif

RESURRECTION!!!!!!!!

in case someone doesn't know
a lot of leather jackets either have the hump or they have the compartment-where you can buy the padding-optional=then add it

but yes it does work
had one on my JR Speedmaster
most high end leathers have them
extra added protection

Back