Speed Dial and O2 sensor for Hayabusa

Where do you get a "chart of air/fuel voltages". Also is there electronics supply house where I can buy a three wire heated sensor. Junk yard parts aren't going to be accurate enough.

The Hayabusa does not come with an O2 sensor or any other motorcycle to my knowledge. The sensor kit made for motorcycles is available from AIM RACING, they have been useing these kits for a ling time on roadrace 2 strokes. The *Speed Dial* is a new product from them specificly for the FI GSXR750's, its use on a Hayabusa is new ground however. There are a couple of guys who purchased them for their Hayabusa's according to the mfg. The kit comes with a stainless steel threaded insert that is welded into the pipe, I have a Ti pipe so Yoshimura was kind enough to accomodate me with fabricating up a special s-bend with a ti threaded adapter. I might add that this is one of the advantages of useing Yoshimura products, they race motorcycles and also use O2 sensors. I trust they know more about this than I, so the location they choose to install the sensor is a good one. The pipe is in the mail and will post more when it arrives.

How much does a Speed Dial cost. Also what's the part number and address to get one. Please

Lyle,

Q. "Where do you get a "chart of air/fuel voltages".
A. The are charts on the internet. You can also get them from the manufacturers such as Lambda or NGK.

Q. "Also is there electronics supply house where I can buy a three wire heated sensor ?"
A. You can buy new ones from an auto store. Buy a four-wire sensor, two wires for ground and voltage out, two for the heating element. I got one that goes into newer dodge trucks.

Note, O2 sensors have a "hysteresis" builtin to them. This means the output voltage will swing very quickly between lean and rich and not spend much time in the middle.

Read that article first!!

Just a quick note about tuning with these things. Ideal a/f mixtures are 12.6:1(rich) for maximum power and 15.4:1(lean) for best fuel economy. O2 sensors are made to specify an a/f ratio of 14.7:1 as the IDEAL balance between power and fuel economy/emissions for your typical car.

I'm assuming that all of us want maximum power and could give a hoot about gas mileage/emissions. So...that means you want to tune somewhat onto the "RICH" side of these sensors, NOT THE MIDDLE!

Turbo... I just finished reading the article. Now I understand. Sorry should have read it sooner.

I saw the shape of the output graph. No problem.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Lyle (edited 05 November 1999).]

Back