speculation on wieght of 05

onetimedownbusa

Registered
lets say that there are changes but mostly for weight reduction. this is just for fun.

i would like for them to make the guage stay bracket and the rear subframe aluminum and not break. also would a aluminum gastank be out of the question? we could shave some massive lbs and keep it pretty much the same right? maybe a load of crap but im getting a little excited with all the other posts on the 05 and im sitting here bored!

WellI could go on a diet and lose bout 20 lbs of spare tire and that'd lighten it up a tad!
wink.gif

They could go to the wheels, tank and pipes, if they choose to drop some weight. Not sure i would like the results, the Busa is beefy for a reason.

I'd like to see a larger engine. Doesn't have to goto a 1400cc but enough to set it above the rest without question. Right now the Ninja 12R is practically equal with the busa. Goto 1350cc or something, with wider tires and maybe just a little more profile to help lean her over.

wider tires is going to hurt the handling.... keep them the same..

It is very cool that the difference between a 99 and 04 are almost nil...mine is lowerd 3/4 inch....handles sweet.. for such a heavy bike..i am soon 53.. and am very thankful i can still drag a peg..."smokin' the tire at 5000' from 75 to 95.....TODAY...Just doesn't get better than that...WANT TURBO...Am i friggin' nut's..YEA..

a wider rim would be better than a wider tire. increasing the contact patch would surely improve 1/4 times. too bad that would include some major changes in the swingarm design.oh well, so are we finding out soon on the 05 like the other post is saing or waiting until later this year for sure?

Back