Back on the exam table!!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Puting my Superbyke creation back onto the "exam table" when it's only been on the road a couple of months is painful. Haybus is track prepped so it looks like the good ol KLR is my streetbike for awhile. Reason? There are many parts that need to be professionally coated black (ex bottom triple clamp, headlite brackets, fork tubes, etc.). MANY parts either powdercoated or anodized, this oneoff is going way blacker(all for cosmetics, too I can't believe I drank the "make it look bad" koolaid!). PLUS (this I'm really excited about) Race Tech front and rear suspension...that'll make a difference! And finally, install an aluminum subframe for mlore lightness. While apart, I'll install Pirelli Rosso Corsos, my racer friends swear by em....we'll see. Since the entire front fork assembly is coming off, the pics show my "suspension method" using the big beam I installed in the garage a couple of years ago....I know it's up there "right". Doyle

IMG_0006 (3).jpg

IMG_0008 (3).jpg

IMG_0009 (3).jpg

IMG_0003 (3).jpg

IMG_0004 (3).jpg

IMG_0005 (3).jpg

IMG_0007 (3).jpg

i believe you (and quite a few of us) will love the results when you are done! :beerchug:

curious if you're keeping track of the "weight" the powdercoating is adding back to the Superbyke?

curious if you're keeping track of the "weight" the powdercoating is adding back to the Superbyke?

On all future powdercoated surfaces, I sand down the aluminum the exact thickness/density/mass as the powdercoat material to be applied so as to avoid weight gain. (this is sarcasm) Doyle

On all future powdercoated surfaces, I sand down the aluminum the exact thickness/density/mass as the powdercoat material to be applied so as to avoid weight gain. (this is sarcasm) Doyle

he he good one Doyle, she will look good all murdered out

Back