Soupy's lowering links-Question

cobravenom39

Registered
I have his lowering links, and after tackling some of the twisties the last couple weeks, I've decided that slow and low isn't for me. High and fast is where it's at.

I don't have the cash to buy his raising and lowering links, but I was wondering. Can I just lop off some of the standoff and some of the threaded eyelet to make it shorter-thus raising the bike? I want to go up 1" in the back.

Where could I take it to get this done. Or can I just buy a shorter standoff?? Does anyone know the thread size of his links?

Thanks in advance

I have his lowering links, and after tackling some of the twisties the last couple weeks, I've decided that slow and low isn't for me. High and fast is where it's at.

I don't have the cash to buy his raising and lowering links, but I was wondering. Can I just lop off some of the standoff and some of the threaded eyelet to make it shorter-thus raising the bike? I want to go up 1" in the back.

Where could I take it to get this done. Or can I just buy a shorter standoff?? Does anyone know the thread size of his links?

Thanks in advance

Send Soupy an email. I think you can just swap the standoff. He is a great guy, if that is possible, I'm sure he will sell it to you.

Not to be a prikk, but what did you expect to have lowering your bike? If you are into real riding, (twisty's) leave it stock, or get some hi po suspension set up..... :beerchug:

Not to be a prikk, but what did you expect to have lowering your bike? If you are into real riding, (twisty's) leave it stock, or get some hi po suspension set up..... :beerchug:

I got them when I first bought the bike, thinking that I wouldn't want to ride this bike on the twisties. After taking it on a couple trips, I decided that I like to lean to much, and they gotta go.

At least I learned the error of my way, and now I see the light.

I got them when I first bought the bike, thinking that I wouldn't want to ride this bike on the twisties. After taking it on a couple trips, I decided that I like to lean to much, and they gotta go.

At least I learned the error of my way, and now I see the light.

Aaahhh Grasshopper! now you see the difference from the posers!!! lol:whistle:

Why not sell them and buy some +1 links or can find people almost giving away stock ones. you can prob sell them used for more then buying new +1's

Hi
Earlier this year, Bigotool posted a tech drawing of a raising +1"link. If you can fabricate or mill or no of such a person who can do this for you, imo its the most cost effective option.:thumbsup:
Regards

One thing about the Soupy's is that they're bullet-proof.....I like them, but then again, I have a set of +1 links made for me by GMBusa and they're aluminum.........so for what it's worth check with Soupy's and see what options are available, then decide. I installed some Soupy's on a friends Gixxer 750 the other night, and the quality and material is the SH!D !!!! :super:

Back