Sony Vaio notebook

BusaWizard

On a Steel Horse I ride.
Donating Member
Registered
Was wondering if anybody had any knowledge, or owned one of these computers? I was thinking about getting one, wanted to know how they compared to the competition. I figure if it's made by Sony, it must be good. I see you can also get them with the new blue ray DVD, holds up to 50gb of storage on one disk. WOW!

They're cool. Watch out for 'Sony'. Definitely a good product, no doubt. Unfortunately, so good that they can offer their products for more $$$ than those products that are as good, if not better. Walk cautiously, grasshopper. Too much $$$ being spent on name and not necessarily quality.

50 GB is not that much by today's standard. Ask about flash drive memory. No moving hard drive. Keeps notebooks (not laptops, don't want to call them that due to legalities) cooler and batteries last longer. Unfortunately, not as much space. Give it a year or so.

Geeks in stores may not be aware of the flash drive memory yet. I talked to a couple of the sales people at a major computer store a few weeks ago and they didn't even know of the flash drives that were being put into 'notebook' computers yet. I was aware only because a business associate had bought one. A bit pricey at this point in time, but sure to come down.

I was speaking of blueray disk holding 50gb, the hard drive is a 160 gb. Thanks for your input.

all right its only blu ray. Its not dvd best buy got sued a few months ago blu ray cannot be called blu ray dvd cause its nots dvd. its has different specs. both cost to much $$$. yeah i have ps3 and 70+ blu ray movies. And a few external hard drive 1tb
thumb_up.gif

I was speaking of blueray disk holding 50gb, the hard drive is a 160 gb. Thanks for your input.
thumb_up.gif

I think that BlueRay will dominate over Toshiba's HD DVD in MHO. Their DVDs hold so much info, as you have pointed out (50GBs). I think that the HD DVD holds a little less than 20GBs.

Does anybody own a Sony notebook and if so, what do you think about it? As for anything, I've heard pros and cons.

Unfortunately, so good that they can offer their products for more $$$ than those products that are as good, if not better.  Walk cautiously, grasshopper.  Too much $$$ being spent on name and not necessarily quality.
+1, You will pay for the name.

Heres a good site to do some power comparison shopping. newegg

Does anybody own a Sony notebook and if so, what do you think about it? As for anything, I've heard pros and cons.
I have two of them. They are great machines, but you are paying for the name for the most part. I have a 17" wide screen type (more like a mobile PC) model type VGN-A290 I think and then I have the small compact one which is the best one of all VGN-270P. They are high quality, but again, you are paying for the Brand... I recommned having your budget $$$$ set and then go and find the most machine that matches your specifications and don't look back.

Was wondering if anybody had any knowledge, or owned one of these computers? I was thinking about getting one, wanted to know how they compared to the competition. I figure if it's made by Sony, it must be good. I see you can also get them with the new blue ray DVD, holds up to 50gb of storage on one disk. WOW!
All I can offer is that I have the Vaio desktop and it's been awesome. I love mine.

I have one (VGN-FE770G) I've had for a little over a year now and it still works great.

I think I have had one of those lap tops for 2 years and the little one for 18 months, I also have a VAIO desk top as well, but I forgot about that one, I spend the majority on the baby vaio....

A year and a half ago, I bought the cheapest Vaio laptop they had at the time. Absolutely love it.

--Wag--

Thanks for the info guys, I saw this on Shop NBC, they had a package deal, don't know which model it is, I went ahead and ordered it, I will compare it to the ones I have seen at the stores to see if I got a good deal, if not I'll return it. They where offering a wireless tv, dvd, system that runs through your router and you can watch tv or dvd's anywhere, plus some other things. 2gb mem. 160gb HD, dual core processor,Windows Vista Home Premium, some other things I don't remember. I have a friend who knows an IT at thier Co. said, they would look at the specs. when I get it. Said, more than likely I got a good deal. We'll see.

Back