Somebody messed with his bike.

Good grief...sorry to hear about that, but I'm glad he's okay...

Welcome to the board by the way...

Glad it did not result in a crash! I would hope noone would take off the nut on purpose.

Glad things worked out, could have been ugly. Could I send you all some sauce to go with them chicken strips?

$525 towing charge!? I haven't needed a tow in years (knocking on wood now). How far did he have to go? Those of you in the know on towing: is this normal?

$525 towing charge.
mad.gif
mad.gif

In the words of Rodney Dangerfield "When she said I do.. I should have said with who" ...

mad.gif

Sucks about the bike.

I can't imagine leaving my brand new bike out of my sight long enough for someone to loosen the bolts on it.
wow.gif

I'm betting that the nut was loose when he bought the bike. As someone else said, I doubt a Harley rider would know anything about disabling a Sport bike, allthough they do tend to carry a bunch of tools for when their bike breaks down.
laugh.gif

I have never ever seen an axle nut come off and the axle back out, ever.

He needs to sack up and make that dealer make it right, if not, make that dealer know he is going to tell anyone he knows about what they did and how he got screwed because of their negligence.

Like I said before, peeps don't do that stuff, no matter how much they hate sport bikes it would be really ballsy for somebody to tamper with it in a public place, too many eyes and they would know it. No way to tell if the owner was watching you or not?

Dealer screw up, plain and simple. or he's lying about adjusting it himself. I don't know him so I can't really say but this story doesn't add up.

I've found stuff wrong with other peoples bikes because I look at the bikes when they are stopped, dipstick backed out spewing oil out on the rear etc. Cotter pins do not just fall out and people don't mess with others bikes and if they do they will just kick the damn thing over to make a point.

I don't buy it, either he messed up or the dealer did, which is it? If he didn't then the dealer did.

:shakinhead:

The dealership neglected to tighten the bolt. Period! There would be no evident Damage from a loose nut turning by itself. There WOULD be damage from somebody messing with the bike! That story they fed your buddy is crap. Call Suzuki HQ in Brea Ca. and talk to a cust service rep.
The towing company is liable for damage to the forks. Period. Chances are great that it's not going to happen without a letter from an attorney but there is no way they aren't liable for damage they did. Period. Let the attorney take them to court and get your towing fees plus damage plus aggrivation money plus your attorney fees covered!

Probly was the dealer, or even if it was a vandal I allways park where I can see the bikes... my 2 cents

welcome to the org. and sorry to hear about your boy's bike. although the outcome is good, i wonder why some #### would even consider pulling a prank like that. he'll get his someday.
mad.gif

The dealership neglected to tighten the bolt. Period! There would be no evident Damage from a loose nut turning by itself. There WOULD be damage from somebody messing with the bike! That story they fed your buddy is crap. Call Suzuki HQ in Brea Ca. and talk to a cust service rep.
The towing company is liable for damage to the forks. Period. Chances are great that it's not going to happen without a letter from an attorney but there is no way they aren't liable for damage they did. Period. Let the attorney take them to court and get your towing fees plus damage plus aggrivation money plus your attorney fees covered!
+1
I got to agree. I call BS. I doubt some "Harley" guy did it. I have a list of stuff the dealer has done or not done to my vehicles over the years.

Like: Did you ever see how many "stolen" bikes get wrecked.

I could be wrong here, since I don't have a receipt in hand, but when you get towed, you sign a release for all damages that occur during the tow. Sort of like getting hit by debris from a dump truck, or a golf ball when driving past the driving range. all, your fault.

That rear axle bolt is way too much of a PITA for someone to go mess with it. Vandals don't have that much initiative. The only way it's going to get messed with is is someone REALLY has a vendetta on ya. The MOST anyone would do would be to cut the cotter pin and pull it. Maybe.

HAD to have been the dealer.

I second the above: Check your nuts!

--Wag--

Wow, glad he's still with us. That could've been a lot worst.

I agree, probably dealer.

Its so much easier for a vandal to cut brake lines, tires, etc.. than try to loosen an axel nut...

the minute that bike's axle was loose enuf for the axle to move it would have been trackin all wrong...it would have been VERY noticible.
and what kind of person wouldn't just get a new nut/cotter pin instead of paying 525.00 to tow a bike....he must have gotten a flatbed and traveled 100 miles.
what kind of cosmetic damage could be caused? a fugged hugger?
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132536451 -->

Back