Some more help if you don't mind

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I don't mean to keep bothering you guys for opinions but I suppose I'm also looking for help in making a decision, finally, whether or not to get a Busa. I am considering five at the moment,

an '00 we already discussed with a lot of mods, 166rwhp etc and new silver paint, quite pristeen with 15K on it for 7K, plus me flying down to get it or having it shipped sight (in person) unseen.

an '00 stocker with 6K on it in the same price range

an '01 with 8K and minor mods also in the same price range

an '06 at a dealer with 300 miles at around 9K+ or,

a new LE from a dealer back east crated and shipped for 10,600, a real deal compared to CA LE prices.

All but the 06 with 300 miles are too far to see them in person and all but one are in snow areas which means I would have to have them shipped. The one down south I might just fly down and ride it back...for the adventure of it if nothing else, IF I decide on that one.

So, all you experienced Busa owners, what strikes you as (the) deal, and thanks.

If you have the $$$ I would say NEW 06 LE crated and shipped for $10,600. Def the best deal and you won't have to worry about your purchase since it's a new bike.....
wink.gif

Jump on the 01 if you can get it for $6.5k to $7k.
Over the next few years it will hold its value better. A new bike has ZERO mods! Price out the mods you want before you buy. Add a full exhaust and PC3 over 1k-1.5k easy.

If you go new call Berts Mega Mall in Covina Ca Extremely huge Dealership in Southern Ca. They will make it worth the drive or just fly into Ontario Airport and they will pick you up. It's only 15-20 minutes from the Ontario airport.

http://www.bertsmegamall.com/

<!--EDIT|Tio Loco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138175941 -->

I like the lower mileage bikes, but you have to ask yourself how much your gonna mod the bike, how long your going to keep it. For me I would get newer, and slowly mod it the way I wanted. If your on a tight budget, do what you can, but if you buy used I would bring it to a Suzuki shop and pay the $$$ to have it fully inspected.
wink.gif

Are you going to run into problems/expense of bringing in a non-CA emmissions bike? Can you title/register it?

06 LE for sure. 10,600 is a great deal on that bike if you ask me. Then you can mod the bike over time the way you want it done, and have the joy of modding it yourself and wrenching on it a little.

Are you going to run into problems/expense of bringing in a non-CA emmissions bike?  Can you title/register it?
Check with the CA DMV about this, Met someone at local dealer he p/u a 05 duc with 3-4k on it and was driving back to CA so it would have closer to the 7-8k that is req. to register a out of state bike it would be used at that point and ok to register. This is what was told to me so just check before you buy new!

Are you going to run into problems/expense of bringing in a non-CA emmissions bike?  Can you title/register it?
I was thinking the same thing?!

But if registration in CA is no problem, definitely get the NEW 06 LE, but it all depends on you! Personally, I could never be satisified with a used bike, I'm too anal about scratches, etc, and would always be wondering if the bike had been abused.

Unless you know the previous owner used bikes can be risky.If your gonna go used check it out thourghly[Ride it]

Check with the CA DMV about this, Met someone at local dealer he p/u a 05 duc with 3-4k on it and was driving back to CA so it would have closer to the 7-8k that is req. to register a out of state bike it would be used at that point and ok to register. This is what was told to me so just check before you buy new!
Yep, this is true ..better check with the DMV first.

Thanks a bunch guys and yes DMV says NO unless it has at least 7,500 miles on it. They even said a 49 state model (new) couldn't even be retrofitted with CA smog equipment. The good news is that the dealer back east said it might be possible for him to get a CA model for me, delivered for under 11K. Will keep trying.

Back