Help Wanted: Ship my fairing to South Korea

steelhead

Registered
I called Ron Ayers last night to order a front cowling,  but they don't ship internationally. Even worse, though their website lists it at $296 (2005 Blk/Red front cowling), they wanted to charge me $381. They (Jonathan) at Ron Ayers told me that the website has the wrong price. Worst of all, I was asked to call a dealer who ships internationally at the new price!

To order from Ron Ayers's dealer contact + shipping will be the same as buying a front cowling locally (in Korea) for $500.

So I'm trying to get one through eBay. But most ebayers in America will not ship internationally even if I win.

I therefore need someone in America, who is trustworthy, to accept the ebay item and re-ship the front cowling to South Korea for me. This basically means walking down to the post office.

MY OPTIONS:

1. I can go to a US freight forwarder. This is expensive for small orders.

Any true hardcore trusted hayabusa.org members willing to help me out, I will donate $50 (through Paypal) to this board as a sign of appreciation. I'm sure that $50 can be put to good use.

Of course, I still have to win the front cowling, and it has to be cost effective before I commit. But if I definitely have someone, then I  am one step closer to the impossible dream...getting a front cowling without losing my shirt!

Worst comes to worst, I'll just have my broken fairing repainted with new stickers for $250.  So there is my range: $250 to $500. Hopefully, if I find a good ebay deal, then my total shipping costs and donation to the the board will come under $300 w/fairing. Otherwise, I can order one from eBay (from this one single international shipper) for about $380 new w/shipping incl. Those are my numbers.

If you can help, please post here.

Thanks,
SteelHead
bowdown.gif

so all you want is for me to order a fairing for you and then mail it to you at your FPO address? I'll do that for you. In addition....the brd gets a donation. SURE. I will do it for the Org!!!!

I'm trustworthy.....talk to MC Mustang, Lamb Busa , BaBusa, thrasherfox.....all are veterans round here.

(Devil Dog @ Oct. 20 2006,10:18) so all you want is for me to order a fairing for you and then mail it to you at your FPO address?  I'll do that for you.  In addition....the brd gets a donation.  SURE.  I will do it for the Org!!!!

I'm trustworthy.....talk to MC Mustang, Lamb Busa , BaBusa, thrasherfox.....all are veterans round here.

Thank you DevilDog! I will contact you on Monday to give this thread some time to circulate.

If I win an eBay auction, I will have the ebay seller mail the front cowl directly to an .org member.  

It needs to be a trusted .org member BECAUSE when they receive my front cowling at their door step, they will have the choice to either keep it (which would be bad) or they can walk down to the local post office (which would be good  
biggrin.gif
 ).

Much appreciated
bowdown.gif

try vman1300, (aka  kevin) at this website:

he hooked me up and had outstanding customer service!

edit: also 281 does sound cheap for the front nose peice.

(DirtyBird02 @ Oct. 20 2006,10:50) I work for Fedex I could ship it, and I bet alot cheaper than anyone will get.
beerchug.gif
Thanks for the offer! I'll be in contact with you after Monday after I've made my decision.

(Mr. Anderson @ Oct. 20 2006,14:21) try vman1300, (aka  kevin) at this website:

he hooked me up and had outstanding customer service!

edit: also 281 does sound cheap for the front nose peice.
+1
I don;t know how he's able to do it but his prices on OEM is less then anywhere else.

Found it on mrcycles.com
94401-24F90-YAY
$287.48

Those willing to help ship this front cowling, please leave your post here. Thanks everyone for your great help. I will contact those who left a post here on Monday via PM. I am following the eBay auction, too.

SteelHead
bowdown.gif

Hi GoldenChild,

Thanks for your offer of help. I will let you know what I decide after Monday - when the eBay auction ends.

SteelHead
bowdown.gif

Thanks Frisbee and StreetNTrack! You are good people.

I appreciate it. I will let everyone know once I figure out how I will get the fairing: ebay, mrcycles, or GoldenChild.

Any Org members willing to help ship, please leave your post here.

Thanks!
bowdown.gif

Back