Help Wanted: Ship my fairing to South Korea

beerchug.gif
Good going guys...let us know when you get one and someone will get it to ya
wink.gif

I could not win the ebay auction
sad.gif

The seller would not reply to my emails, so I didn't want to bid without his/her permission (ie, international buyer).
Item#: 300038964156

Plan B: Find out if a $250 repaint and re-stickering will make it look perfect.  

Otherwise, if the repainting idea doesn't work, then I will first call the companies recommmended by board members.  If they ship to Seoul, then my job is done.  If they don't, then I will contact my Busa brothers.

The Org is great! Thanks everyone for the great info.
SteelHead
bowdown.gif

Helped a guy in Singapore buy some Corbin beatle bags. He had the same problem. We sometimes take for granted how good we have it living in the States. Looks like you have plenty of offers but if they fall thru LMK. I'll hook you up.

Thanks to: DevilDog and BlackBirdKiller for the offers of help. It is very appreciated!

Thanks to Camaroguy72 for the advice.

I will start looking into the vendors mentioned above, and if that doesn't work, I will ask for help from those who offerred to assist in shipping (in this thread).

I miss Canada these days (North America). Living out here in Seoul can be...well...a test of patience (at times).

bowdown.gif

(camaroguy72 @ Oct. 23 2006,21:flamethrowing:) talk to goldenchild... man knows how to get **** done and get it done to make you happy
smile.gif
+1

I know he probly has the parts.

(steelhead @ Oct. 24 2006,00:42) I miss Canada these days (North America). Living out here in Seoul can be...well...a test of patience (at times).

bowdown.gif
That's gotta suck. Heard of other guys out of the country who had to pay huge import taxes in order to get parts. So, they just ask someone to buy it here and ship to them(diff board)

Good luck with it

add me to the list of guys willing to help with shipping your fairing. Just got back from a 12-month deployment myself (Navy corpsman) so I can relate to your situation. BTW, I had a blast when I spent a few days in S. Korea (stayed in Yongsan, enjoyed the shopping @ Osan)

if worse comes to worse, order your piece from Vmann1300 ( mrcycles.com ) and have him send it to me.

I'm about a 4 - 5 hour flight southeast of you...right dab smack in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Good thing is that USPS considers my island to be a domestic location (read as: rates not as expensive as UPS or FedEx), so the shipping shouldn't be all that bad.

Ennyhoo, give me a holler if you'd like for me to help. Post Office is about 3 minutes away from my house.
smile.gif
If anything, as soon as I pick it up from them, I can just scoot along to where they send the packages out.

Done deal, out the same day it comes in.

Let me know.

Thanks Kromdom and PacificBusa for the offers of help. And to Frisbee and BlackBird Killer for their encouragement and valuable information.

I am going to my mechanic to determine whether I can make a repaint look like a new part. I'm not sure. Anyone know? If I find out that a repaint will look different, I will order the part and consult with the members here in arranging for a shipment.

If I decide to import, I will publicly post (and ask) who I ask to make the shipment.

Only one person will be asked to ship the parts, and it will be publicly posted in this thread. Absolutely no other thread, or PM, will contain my help request. This will cut down on confusion and keep all information public. My telephone number in Seoul is (02)938-3291.

bowdown.gif

SteelHead

And KRomdom:  Yes, Seoul can be a blast!  Anyone coming to Seoul should give me a shout so I can show them the Hayabusa Club we have here. It is a little shop run by this great mechanic who ONLY fixes Hayabusas. Isn't that cool?

+1 let me know what you need.

Seems like you have a lot of good volunteers here.  
super.gif

Back