Sold the Kat!!

Kat99

Registered
I sold the Kat today and delivered it to her knew owner.

I was kind of sad then I remembered , its all in the order of getting a Busa.

Oh well , another month or so and I should be able to get my Gen I.

Heres the bike i sold, its a 1999 if your wondering:

99_Katana.jpg

99_Katana1.jpg

99_Katana5.jpg

99_Katana3.jpg

I had a 89 Kanotuna about 10 years back. Then went to a VFR. Then track days etc. The Busa still scared the $hite out of me the first time I got on it.

But now..... then best bike I have ever owned. Haven't seen anything in the last few years that would even make me consider getting something else.

sweet bike... but needs to go! good move... u looking into a gen2 i presume? gonna wait for k10? or go for k8 or k9... i recommend fastest/sexiest color K9 White... :laugh:

wow, she's clean! i've seen some real cool tricked out kat's lately in my area. :thumbsup:

You must be beside yourself with excitement for your pending purchase.

I don't know how you sleep at night...:rofl:

Congrats on the sale and progress toward your newest passion. :beerchug:

Nice looking Kat. I sold my 2001 Kat 600 to buy the Busa. I don't think the Gen II Kat is all that much different than your Gen I.

You will find that the Busa feels / handles almost exactly like a 600 Kat, but with mind-blowing power.

2005 Katana 600
wheelbase 57.9"
dry weight 458.6
rake 25.2 degrees
trail 3.9 inches
front tire 120/70-ZR17
rear tire 150/50-ZR17

2005 Hayabusa
wheelbase 58.5
dry weight 478.4
rake 24.1 degrees
trail 3.8 inches
front tire 120/70-ZR17
rear tire 190/50-ZR17

The handling similarity is no surprise, as the specs are very similar. The Busa weighs only 20 lbs more, has a degree less rake and a little less trail. The stock suspension on the Busa is lightyears better and you will be blown away by how stable it feels at high speed compared to the Kat. But overall, it feels just like a slightly bigger Katana with tons and tons of power.

The passenger seat is a lot better on the Busa too. My wife hated riding on the Kat, but is fine with the Busa. Also, the Kat felt very labored with a passenger. With the Busa, the biggest problem is keeping the front end on the ground with a passenger. She is prone to wheelies solo, but way worse with a passenger. Be careful! :rofl:

Last edited:
I went from an 05 Kat 750 to the 06 Busa and they do feel allot alike-except of course when you twist the throttle.:laugh:

Newer the better, ideally know the seller. I've had a variety of headaches with mine, that although have taught me a ton about most of the bike, have kept me away from a reliable ride til now, and even now I may not have one heh.

When I was buying I was the fool who thought local was better and the ones on the board for sale were too much of a hassle to deal with, however I would consider it if I were you. Knowing the history of the bike is going to be your biggest issue. It is all about how it has been maintained, and if abused at the drag strip or stop light to stop light. Good luck bud :thumbsup:

Newer the better, ideally know the seller. I've had a variety of headaches with mine, that although have taught me a ton about most of the bike, have kept me away from a reliable ride til now, and even now I may not have one heh.

When I was buying I was the fool who thought local was better and the ones on the board for sale were too much of a hassle to deal with, however I would consider it if I were you. Knowing the history of the bike is going to be your biggest issue. It is all about how it has been maintained, and if abused at the drag strip or stop light to stop light. Good luck bud :thumbsup:

Thanks for your responses . Im thinking of buying possibly from quebec. They are alot less pricey up there.

Thanks for your responses . Im thinking of buying possibly from quebec. They are alot less pricey up there.

Good luck bud, they are great machines....just the last few days I have had to really use mine I love it, brings a grin to my face.
:beerchug:

Back