Soft cut on 06 hayabusa?

tcbusa

Registered
Just wondering how the gen 1 2006 hayabusa limits the engine rpms? Got the motor apart the other day to find detonation on 1 and 4. while cylinders 2 and 3 looked brand new. ive heard somewhere the busa limits rpm by cutting fuel in cylinders 1 and 4 at redline? is this true? which would cause detonation. and how to remedy the problem?.. needs to be cutting spark instead of fuel in my mind

it's standard practice to toss the soft limiter on turbo and nitrous bikes. It's not a bad idea for NA engines as well. :beerchug:

When doing the reflash it is changed to a hard cut (all cylinders not two) and it stops the spark, not the fuel.

yep thats what i thought. il post some pics of what happened. took out a chunk of piston 4 and 1 while 2 and 3 look brand new

It does soft cut the fuel on two cylinders, but I don't remember which ones. I remember Petrik posting the info when he first started exploring the ECU code. It cuts about 1/2 the injector pulses on the two cylinders. As stated, the ECU code can be modified to raise (or eliminate) the soft limit RPM (and Hard limiter).

Last edited:
it cuts 1,4

be sure to check the other 2 pistons for lifted ring landings
cause 2,3 usually aren't very far behind 1,4
(just check as a precaution)

Thats correct the pulses is reduce on 1,4 at red line, remove the softcut, you might also want to unify the fuel and ignition maps, i find it makes tuning much easier..

Back