So much for man's best friend

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
Mr Bogus @ Jun. 26 2008 said:
1459653[/ATTACH] AM]
well the body can do some amazing stuff... and if it does not heal completely, they can always work from there.. you should start practicing your "lisp"
whistling.gif

bad year for you.... maybe we should go skydiving huh? fingers, face, may as well add some legs to this mix..

and remember, we met on the net...
rofl.gif
Mr. Bogus has a way with words...soothing yet scathing all at once. I, for one, feel the love
laugh.gif

Who are you two kidding? You couldn't find the plane to jump from without a GPS...
rofl.gif

Hope you're feeling better GIXERHP
smile.gif
Hey it only took 4 of us to find the hotel that night... (hell it was at least a block away right?)

I really feel bad for John actually .... but hey only a real friend (fiend?) would take advantage of a guy when he was down right? (he is on my speed dial ya know
laugh.gif
)

DSC_0383-1.JPG

zzwhip.gif

rofl.gif

laugh.gif

Sorry to hear. I had a st bernard suffer the same fate a few years back. He came from an abusive home. Sometimes you do all you can. Don't beat yourself up to bad over the decision.

Sorry to hear about your schnauzer, Cap. It's so hard to lose a pet.

We have a mini schnauzer and although she isn't very smart, she's got sass. We don't have coyotes coming into our yard, but she protects us from sparrows and blackbirds that try to land in our trees. Her job would be easier if I'd stop putting filling the bird feeders.

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
Mr Bogus @ Jun. 26 2008 said:
1459912[/ATTACH] AM]
well the body can do some amazing stuff...   and if it does not heal completely, they can always work from there..   you should start practicing your "lisp"  
whistling.gif

bad year for you....  maybe we should go skydiving huh?   fingers, face, may as well add some legs to this mix..

and remember, we met on the net...  
rofl.gif
Mr. Bogus has a way with words...soothing yet scathing all at once.  I, for one, feel the love  
laugh.gif

Who are you two kidding?  You couldn't find the plane to jump from without a GPS...  
rofl.gif

Hope you're feeling better GIXERHP  
smile.gif
If it didnt hurt to laugh,,,

Ill be man and sit here and just take the ball busting here!

zzwhip.gif

rofl.gif

Sorry to hear about your schnauzer, Cap.  It's so hard to lose a pet.

We have a mini schnauzer and although she isn't very smart, she's got sass.  We don't have coyotes coming into our yard, but she protects us from sparrows and blackbirds that try to land in our trees.  Her job would be easier if I'd stop putting filling the bird feeders.
Sooner was a mini too.....
sad.gif

you know in the old days, they used to bring a dead cowboy back over his horse like this... you know busa riders... leave no one behind.. (problem is cornering...)

I wont say what this position means if you live in California...
whistling.gif

DSC_0383-1.JPG

Sorry to hear about your schnauzer, Cap. It's so hard to lose a pet.

We have a mini schnauzer and although she isn't very smart, she's got sass. We don't have coyotes coming into our yard, but she protects us from sparrows and blackbirds that try to land in our trees. Her job would be easier if I'd stop putting filling the bird feeders.
Sooner was a mini too.....
sad.gif
sorry bout the pup Doug, I know Hal will not be happy about this either... those 2 were pretty tight at the MnG if that is the same dog he had on his lap all night...
sad.gif

sad.gif

Now as for me i just got home from the doctors office, with not so good news. I have several stitches holding 2 different sections of my upper lip together. However there is section about 3/4 by 1/4 of my lip that is gone. The plastic surgen doesn't think that there will be much he can do with it, we have to wait and see how it heals!
I might just have to grow a ZZ top moustache! LOL
Hey it worked for this guy. But seriously, I have received approximately 60 stiches on my face across my eye brows and nose over the years for various reasons. I'm fortunate to be an amazing healer though.

Stacy_Keach.jpg

sorry john my aunt raised over 20 plus dobermans never once bit..but the mix in your mastiff might have caused it  

and some shelters give the dog a test like stick your hand down when they are eating and if they grown or snap than they put them down..that is not right cause no one should put their hand by them when they are eating so you have to watch some shelters.

but good luck john you need to talk call me
Sorry to hear John.

I don't agree with the idea that no one should put there hand near a dogs food. Every dog I have had, as pups or older, I put my hand in their bowl. I got them use to it. If a child comes near my dogs while they are eating, I don't want them to get a bite. I have a pit bull, retriever mix, I can stick my hand in his bowl, pet him, or even take the food out of his mouth if I want. He has only tried to bite me once while putting medicine in his ear after really bad infection. It was out of fear and he did not bite down hard. He was in really bad pain, we ended up having to have him knocked out to get medicine in his ear. I don't think the shelter should put a dog down for an aggressive eating habit, it can be broke with a little work.

Sorry to hear about your dog, Cap.
I grew up with rots. I would reach down and grab their bowl every now and then just as a test. They never growled or snapped at me. I also reg. played rough with them and made sure I always won
laugh.gif
It was really interesting when I had 2 at a time. They would circle me and one behind me would snip at my butt
SHOCKED.gif
laugh.gif
. I mis my boys. They were big babies and KNEW who was boss.

laugh.gif

Cesar Rocks!!

I'm not one to tell a person how to deal with anothers Kids, or pets but,

I suggest you choke him out, with your foot and take a leak on his head.

Then have him destroyed.
Man your a softie...I bet your dogs walk all over you
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You do have to show a dog who the boss is though. Everybody wants to take the gentle way out, but in a pack the leader isn't gentle at all....it kicks a*sses until the rest of the pack understands who the boss is. Dogs won't settle down or settle in until they understand the pack positioning. You HAVE to show them where they stand...they'll be much more content and predictable pets that way. And sometimes you may have to get pretty aggressive yourself. I've never had issues with a dog ever, but then they ALWAYS know who the boss is in no uncertain terms. And they're always as loving and gentle as can be. When you have a dog that challenges you put them down hard and fast, just like the pack leader should, and keep doing it till they understand their role
winkold.gif
And you don't have to beat them....if they're non-biters just pin them down to the floor on their back, by the neck, and growl at them nice and agressive. Personally I haven't came across a biter yet, but if I did I'd probably get rid of it...too much of a risk. But if I had to keep it for some reason, I'd probably beat its a*ss down everytime it even looked at anybody wrong till it realized its pack position, and quit fighting for dominance.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm a huge lover of animals, really!

But, your totally correct about the Dominance issue.

The reality is, there is a very small percentage that will not allow themselves to be dominated by Humans.
Tens of thousands of years of breeding isn't going to be removed 100% of the time in 100% of dogs. (Just like humans)
Those dogs are incredibly dangerous, even deadly.(Just like humans)
There is no place for animals like that living with people.(Just like humans)

My Suzi.
heart.gif

Suz.JPG

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm a huge lover of animals, really!

But, your totally correct about the Dominance issue.

The reality is, there is a very small percentage that will not allow themselves to be dominated by Humans.
Tens of thousands of years of breeding isn't going to be removed 100% of the time in 100% of dogs. (Just like humans)
Those dogs are incredibly dangerous, even deadly.(Just like humans)
There is no place for animals like that living with people.(Just like humans)

My Suzi.  
heart.gif
And I agree 100%
winkold.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AM -->
JusPlaynBob @ Jun. 25 2008 said:
1460114[/ATTACH] AM]
Cesar Rocks!!

I'm not one to tell a person how to deal with anothers Kids, or pets but,

I suggest you choke him out, with your foot and take a leak on his head.

Then have him destroyed.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You do have to show a dog who the boss is though. Everybody wants to take the gentle way out, but in a pack the leader isn't gentle at all....it kicks a*sses until the rest of the pack understands who the boss is. Dogs won't settle down or settle in until they understand the pack positioning. You HAVE to show them where they stand...they'll be much more content and predictable pets that way. And sometimes you may have to get pretty aggressive yourself. I've never had issues with a dog ever, but then they ALWAYS know who the boss is in no uncertain terms. And they're always as loving and gentle as can be. When you have a dog that challenges you put them down hard and fast, just like the pack leader should, and keep doing it till they understand their role
winkold.gif
And you don't have to beat them....if they're non-biters just pin them down to the floor on their back, by the neck, and growl at them nice and agressive. Personally I haven't came across a biter yet, but if I did I'd probably get rid of it...too much of a risk. But if I had to keep it for some reason, I'd probably beat its a*ss down everytime it even looked at anybody wrong till it realized its pack position, and quit fighting for dominance.
I agree 100 percent. There are was to do this without beating a dog. As a pup, when the show aggression, roll them over quick on their backs and hold them down with your hand between there front paws on their chest. This is what the mother does. The should lay submissively for at least 4 or 5 seconds. Then let them up. They will change the actions. Aquick grab at the scuff of there necks as pups works too. It causes no pain, but they know what it means. You have to teach a dog at a young age..

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

laugh.gif

Back