So much for man's best friend

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
I was getting ready for work this evening, and my stupid dog lundged at me and bite me in the face. I just spent the last 4 hours at the emergency room.
Now tommorow its off to the Plastic surgen, to see want he can do. My upper lip is split and torn under the center of my nose, along with a chunk missing too!

eek2.gif
wtf.gif

Did the dog ever try to help you change a tire by chance?

you know you might not need to go to a plastic surgeon it might make you look better hahahahaha

but hope all goes well john let me know if you need to vent i always have RUM
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Yikes! Sorry to hear, John! Hope all goes well...

You were trying to
tissue.gif
the doghouse, right?

Wow, sorry John. No matter what, that would be one less dog in the world.

Sorry, I posted under Juli. James would shoot that dog.

Holy crap, did you figure out why it happened, or did you just kill it? Hope it works out for you, can you wear a thick mustache? I love my dog but it that ever happened to me we would be having Rover steaks for sure that night, especially with children in the house.

Man, phh. I been bit by my dogs so many times. What youre doing is bossing him around too much. Then showing weakness cause hes your pet. Like a human he was holding a grudge and he thought he could topple you and he has teeth instead of fists... My opinion. Ive raised 20+ dogs.

Ive had physical fights with my alpha male.

super.gif
PM -->
mikev7 @ Jun. 24 2008 said:
1457952[/ATTACH] PM]
Man, phh. I been bit by my dogs so many times. What youre doing is bossing him around too much. Then showing weakness cause hes your pet. Like a human he was holding a grudge and he thought he could topple you and he has teeth instead of fists... My opinion. Ive raised 20+ dogs.

Ive had physical fights with my alpha male.
+1 you can't let him think that he is the dominate one.  My dog would give his life for me, but he knows not to even growl at me.  If I pretend to kick my wife's or daughter's @ss he will growl and bark, but that is what I want out of him.  Don't blame the dog for biting you.  Do you exercise him everyday and give him something to do while you are away?

2.jpg

super.gif

If my dog ever did that, I couldn't put him down... He's my family and its my responsibility to understand dogs and why they behave in certain ways. Most breeds do not snap and go pyshco. Most give warnings signs before stepping it up. They are pack critters and they have pack behaviours.

But then again I have a German Shepherd and live alone. A stable breed and I don't have kids or others that I'm responsible for.

I hope your injuries heal up quickly. That had to be scarey.

Dogs never bite for "no reason". We, as humans, may not understand the reason, but they do.

Breed? Size? Age? General Health? Time with Family? Were you under the influence by any chance?

There is a language that we as responsible Dog keepers should all know. Do you speak it?

Back