So it has been over a month.....

Ron I didn't mean to make it sound scary, its pretty easy really, I was just trying to give you an idea of some things to watch for. It takes less time to swap the oil pan than than pulling the exhaust, and not any harder than pulling the plastics off both sides. Its not a hard job, and pretty simple really. The exhaust will be by far the biggest pain to deal with, and since its already been mounted up once, it should be pretty easy as well :thumbsup:
And if you're torque wrench isn't working, get another. I know Harbor Freight makes cheap stuff, but I have 3 diff sizes of their torque wrenches and they work fine. If you don't wrench often no need to spend the mega-bucks on tools :laugh:

Now you have me completely terified of doing this lol. Maybe I just need to stop the bleeding and pay the dealer to do this for me :-( I actually have a harbor freight torque wrench that's the worst part of it all, every other torque wrench I have used clickes when it hits the limiter, not this one, it just keeps going. What a huge eff up this ended up being :-(

So did you call any auto parts stores?

How about calling your dealer?
Talk to the service tech. Ask them what they would do if they were in your shoes.
Tell them you only have a car and can't bring it to them easily so you want to try and fix it yourself.
Do they carry oversized drain plugs for the Busa?
Have they ever stripped one. I believe that this is somewhat common.
Ask them how would they keep the shavings out, after oversize tapping it.

I don't know your situation but it seems that you are going to have to bite the bullet one way or another.
The sooner the better if you want to enjoy the good weather now in FL.
That just my 2 cents worth. I'm just trying to motivate you to action. After all - LIFE REWARDS ACTION. :thumbsup:

Tampa ....If you don't get it fixed by next weekend , I might be showing up at your door ....:laugh: I need a nice long ride.Keep me updated, just pm me if you want.

Tampa ....If you don't get it fixed by next weekend , I might be showing up at your door ....:laugh: I need a nice long ride.Keep me updated, just pm me if you want.

Wow man, that is pretty awesome of you, I definitely won't have it done by next weekend with work and all. If you really wanted top come supervise I could definitely pay for gas, lunch etc....

Back