So i'm redoing my guest bathroom...

jessup

Just because the dog eats it doesnt mean
Donating Member
Registered
So I lay an new wetbed for the floor... I have the wall pulled down where the old tub used to be... and what do I find... An electrical nightmare! This guy just randomly hooked stuff up anywhere not taped or nutted... Just kinda wrapped toghether and left open... I found out the hardway when I was replacing a cracked soil line... The shock was quite refreshing. So I have just rewired most of the bathroom... and now I have to make the walls flush so that the drywall will tie in with the concrete walls... Thats right I said CONCRETE walls... Friggin house is a 104 years old and apparently they not only loved lathe and plaster they liked to make bathroom walls with concrete that is Oh I don't know maybe two inches thick. So I have to build out the studs so the drywall will flesh up with the existing concrete wall and then cover it all with beadboard.

Soil line 1day 200bucks
Wetbed and tile 2 days 500 bucks
Electrocution... Priceless

Tomorrow I have to try and lug the claw foot tub from the garage to the second floor...

Thought I was in Random... Sorry
biggrin.gif

I feel your pain!
biggrin.gif
I am just finishing up the bathroom in my house, but mine is 122 years old. Want to talk about absoultely nothing being square or level??
mad.gif

I feel you... The difference in floor height from one end to the other was drastic. One stud has to be fleshed out 2 inches and one has to be 2.5 inches... Plus they used an axe or a wood lathe to even out the studs... Although I used a jack hammer to remove the first wetbed that had cracked and the house didn't even move. Now I have around five to six inches of cement and tile on the floor.
biggrin.gif

Tomorrow I have to try and lug the claw foot tub from the garage to the second floor...
Neighbor gals boyfriend wanted to find the easiest way to remove one of those old cast iron clawfoot tubs. Told him to get a sledgehammer! Break it into pieces and sell the scrap iron. Damn things weigh a ton!

I feel your pain!
biggrin.gif
 I am just finishing up the bathroom in my house, but mine is 122 years old. Want to talk about absoultely nothing being square or level??
mad.gif
Don't feel bad. My house is less than a week old and they STILL don't know how to make them level or square.

Some things never change.

--Wag--

smile.gif
I personally prefer 120 to 220 myself. 120 is sorta refreshing and fun, 220 starts getting sprta toasty...

Fuggin LIT myself with 220 in Tampa, Honest to goodness Amp Dance till the breaker tripped on the hot water heater... After that, I actually took myself to the ER Cause the metal mouth didn't get better and I was still twitchy after a couple of hours.
laugh.gif

Hell I wet my finger now and check for HOT when dealing with 120... Is is kind refreshing...
laugh.gif

Wife doesn't let me do any wiring around the house anymore. She was muttering something about Insurance NOT covering "Dumb4$$"...
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

I feel your pain!
biggrin.gif
mad.gif
In an old constuction saying . Tha is what they made caulking and molding for.....
biggrin.gif
Over 100 years of blasting from the gold mine that is under the whole town hasn't helped things much! The stone foundation that it sits on is due for an overhaul..
sad.gif

biggrin.gif

I feel your pain!
biggrin.gif
mad.gif
In an old constuction saying . Tha is what they made caulking and molding for.....
biggrin.gif
Over 100 years of blasting from the gold mine that is under the whole town hasn't helped things much! The stone foundation that it sits on is due for an overhaul..  
sad.gif
Mine too... I have to parge most of the basement... and replace/repair some of the foundation. I don't mind doing that stuff though...

I'm not like revlis though... I don't like the feeling of electricity coursing through my body...

What I am hating even more is this newer fiberglass stuff that has replaced the green board for bathrooms.

I itch all over it has managed to find its way to everyspot on my body... or I have been touching myself to much
biggrin.gif

Just finished Squaring one of the walls with the tried and true method... A hammer and a block of wood can make most anything fit! Thankfully I am wainscotting a full five foot of the wall from the ground up so I will be hiding any visual yuckies.
E

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Neighbor gals boyfriend wanted to find the easiest way to remove one of those old cast iron clawfoot tubs. Told him to get a sledgehammer! Break it into pieces and sell the scrap iron. Damn things weigh a ton!
Funny that is the exact same way I found the leak in the waste pipe! and the same way I removed the bad section.

nothin' like doing the 60 Hz shuffle
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|Mr. Anderson
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154642085 -->

Back