Snowmobile Tech

No seasonal insurance on anything....

The good thing is snowmobile insurance is pretty reasonable as the insurance companies know they aren't used very long.
Wow, reasonable and insurance company in the same sentence.
I'll be right back...I'm going to buy a lottery ticket.

The insurance company I have is really reasonable...they were outstanding when I was getting insurance for my Hayabusa....if they would have quoted me some stupid price, I would have left it where it was...
Well, I'm actually happy with an insurance company then(never thought I'de say that), otherwise you may not have came here.

Saw lots of sleds out and about today...the trails aren't open yet but there are lots of sleds running along the hiways...

One of the neighbor's bought his wife a new one this fall and I saw them out in a field near our subdivision...they were going awful slow....

On top of it all, you have to pay trail fees and display the tag, have insurance and a license....

Owning a snowmobile for a sometimes 3 month season is an expensive venture...one I'm glad to be out of.
Trail riding is boring I’ve never got why people do it? The only time I used trails was to get to the mountain spot then it’s free range but they don’t require all that in b.c.

After talking to the neighbor, my wife asked me what I'd think about us getting snowmobiles....

These neighbors have a bunch of sleds, one for each of them and each of their kids...

I couldn't believe my ears when I told her it wasn't a good idea as they are expensive and the season is very, very short.

200.gif

The neighbors are enjoying all this cold and snow...they finally get to use their snowmobiles..

One neighbor has the small ones for his kids, 2 of these sleds are trail rated which means they have lights and brake lights...they use a lawn tractor motor and are pretty darned slick, far superior to the "Kitty Kats" I recall as a kid...

He and his wife both have Grand Touring Ski Doos, his is a 1200 and hers is a 900.

Another neighbor has a turbo Arctic Cat, it is all blacked out and really nasty sounding... he says it's a real handful and would like to be able to line it up against my bike..

Again my neighbor is having a blast now that we have a good base of snow...he is up to 5 snowmobiles...

Over the past couple years companies have taken pull starts off their snowmobiles...now what is happening is the batteries aren't taking the extreme cold and leaving riders stranded....there is a pull cord perse where you have to wrap a cord around a pulley to start it, just like we had to do in the late '60s......funny how things move forward yet backwards at the same time....

What a stupid thing to do to a machine made to operate in the middle of nowhere in adverse conditions....

Back