Sneaking out on the bike

Ed, for me it's easy, I rarely drink (sometimes in the winter) I don't smoke, don't have any gambleing habits etc etc.. I tell her the bike is my stress reliever! If I don't go out and put on some miles I am going to be miserable!!!

It's hard but you'll get better at it.. Make sure you tell her about up coming events, they get pissed when you get up at 7am on Sunday and go ride ALL day with the club without warning! lol

Or, on a very hot day, when riding is great, Just ONCE and awhile, come home early get changed and take her out, she will shite herself that you did that when you could be riding with your mates on a perfect day!

uggg, I sound too experienced at this!?

[This message has been edited by BullDog (edited 21 December 1999).]

Big Ed,
The Truth is a wonderful thing. Just tell her it's something you have to do & ask her to back you up on it. If she loves you she will, if she doesn,t you have other issues.

[This message has been edited by JohnnyB (edited 22 December 1999).]

Dirty Pete the question was about how fAY MAy feels about this!

What is the skinny on the CLEeNING LADy, and we want the TRUTH!

Sherm, my cousin took your advice. He and his hottie wife took their problems to a marriage counselor. She ran off with the counselor. End of problem. Now he can ride whenever he wants. The truth.
I was riding when my wife met me. She learned the thrill of high speeds on a fast bike on the back of a V65 Sabre. She learned and rode dirt for 10 years, never seriously hurting herself. Got a horse, stopped riding bikes, and shattered her wrist immediately. Go figure. Still rides her horse, and loves it. Helps her understand how I love bikes. She would start to worry if I DIDN'T want to get out on the bike.
The only advice I can offer is to find something she really likes and help her to participate in it. Kinda like my wife with her horse.

I like DPs logic earlier on this list. Find a women that understands why you ride If a gal has a problem with your riding, I'm sure she has a long list of other items too. Besides, I wear the leathers in my house, albeit three wives later.

Don' no bodi go b'leevin dat massa pete shite 'bout gitin 'is wway roun dis place. Dat ol' saggy bag a hiz got im rapp'd rOUN it so tite he don' make water less'n she say so!

Az fo takin' dat big blak bus outa hea wen he wanna, ha! He even MENshun da B word she rip da broom outa Fay MaY HAns an whupo hiz butt tilll it blede!

deyze rollin down da stares whakkin an flappin an bangin an bashin an pushin an punchin an grabbin an gruntin til dat sorri mutha massa go staggrin downa drivwae pusshin dat busa BIke wit hiz las dyin breth.

An iff'n y'all thinks it baad wen he leeves, yo shold see da punchup wen he com back!

Dis place a cleenin ladeez nitemare disASSta area an it all coz a dat motobisikle!

so honi boyze. Da massa an da saggiBag goin out fo rowmanik vittlin' tonite. any youz loOKIN ta wet yo willee ah be hea alll 'lone in ma pinkee thong fom ate cloK ON.

The old lady is so mean and nasty that it's necessary to have a 'busa to get away fast!

More seriously, use the 'busa as a commuter, and when I'm 3 or 4 hours late, say 'traffic'.When I leave 3 or 4 hours early, say 'overtime'.

Carving out weekend time is tougher but gets easier as life goes on and wifey poo gets more understanding. Second wife much more understanding than first.

Doing your own work is effective. 'I have to take a test ride'. This doesn't work if you're an Aussie fudge packa who can barely write never mind bend a wrench. It's not so much that letting a dealer do the work costs, but going 180 plus when someone who is paid to work fast did the work I don't have enough faith in God for.

There is the old story about the guy
that every Sat. morning is on the golf
course. His friends are amazed that his
wife lets him play golf every weekend.
His secret..
I wake up, look out the window and say to the
wife "honey,its a beautiful day,lets stay
in bed and have sex all morning, or...
I could play a round or two of golf with the boys"
Her reply.. Dont forget your golf jacket

DP,I hpoe your not goin to market that new
brand of Stabol you been using

An old man once told me "There are only two kinds of men in the world...those that are hen-pecked and those that are liers!" No seriously, I ride anytime I want. My wife use to enjoy riding as much as I do, only now I have the sportbike and she refuses to ride it. Boy, do I love sportbikes!!

I haveone of those high maintenance girlfriends who couldn't possibly understand why I do what I do or why I can never have enough bikes. Being a professional model doesn't help either. You know, all that insecurity crap. I'm currently trying to figure out how to leave without losing anything but don't think its possible. I'll probably have to give up my Talon, but no one gets my bikes. You'll have to shoot me first. Hoping to add a Ducati to my collection this year so I don't mind giving up the cage. I played it safe though, I have all my project and high performance stuff at my Dads which is 5 hours away. She doesn't even know they exist. She doesn't understand that when its sunny I HAVE TO BE ON THE BIKE. Every single sunny day.

Man, if you guys had the time to put into your riding that you have to put into your excuses for being able to ride, you would probably be as fast as Duc and me!!! lol ;)

Been married more than 27 years, same woman. We get along well except with that pms crap. I can't remember having a problem riding when ever I want.
She does want to know why I would want to buy another busa.

Back