Snap it or

Mikey D

Registered
Whils't experimenting with the new exhaust (No it is not mapped yet) I have found that a rapid roll on seems to give me more torque than just snapping the throttle open. I belive it was the same with the stock exhaust, just more noticable now.

I am determining this w/o the use of a dyno by the front wheels tendency to "reach for the sky" at about 6 -6.5K RPM, when you rapidly roll on the throttle (a really cool feeling!) When snapped open, she seems to just skim the front wheel off the ground through the first three gears (another really cool feeling).

Both tests run many times (so much for the new rear meat) and with my butt against the hump.

Anyone with similar experiences?

Sounds like fun
wink.gif
When I get mine broke in I'll let you know what I think....lol. Until then I just gotta use my imagination
sad.gif
tounge.gif

Actually Bro, When "Snapping" your prolly getting a lot of wheelspin. When rolling on you allow your tire time to recover and maintain a little better grip. Check it out sometime, pick a clean patch of parking lot somewhere, then while rolling along in first try snapping that throttle, then go back and have a look.

Yeah it's not a burnout, but I usually find about 50 yrds or so of fresh rubber laid down... Busa just chews the tire off the rim...

Snap it for tasty rolling burnouts (low speed thank you). Roll it hard for effortless power wheelies. Life is good on a busa!

I just had to replace my cush drive after only 2200 mi. Aparently I was having too much fun doing rolling first gear stipes. No more snaping it for me. The dealer covered it this time, next time???

Honestly I'm not getting any wheel spin. I've experienced it before and it's not happining now that I have the new meat. Love the power wheelies tho the first one supprised me
wow.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

GOODNESS!!! What does that do and how do we know when it needs replaced? I gather the sprocket propels the tire through those rubber do dads.... I'll bet mine is crap by now! More info please

GOODNESS!!!  What does that do and how do we know when it needs replaced?   I gather the sprocket propels the tire through those rubber do dads.... I'll bet mine is crap by now!  More info please
That cushions the shock of acceleration the chain imparts to the rear wheel.

You need to replace it when you start feeling some slop on acceleration and when engine braking. It feels different from chain slack. it is more of a one time slop (each change in acceleration or deceleration) rather than a continuous slosh you may feel with slack in the chain.

The replacement rear wheel I bought came with one better than the one I had so I took picts of them both just in case. They get old and hard and sloppy and you can see the wear marks the sprocket carrier wears in them.

I figure I go through rear wheel bout once every 2000 miles (I'm on my third) so I haven't worn one to smitherieens yet.
tounge.gif

i love the way the busa just comes up so effertlessly in first and once u get the feel for second it is very smooth to come up...
biggrin.gif

Check the play between the chain sprocket and rim. Best is using a rear stand, bike in gear. Move the wheel forward/backward. If you notice slippage without any counterforce, its a worn cush drive.
Another bike, not a Busa. Noticed after a winter of riding. Few times on flooded roads. Water above axle hieght. The cush drive slipped bad. Went to check it, found full of oily sludge. Re-hydrated by the water. Cleaned it up dried it out. Went back to normal. Suspect the oily sludge is chain lube. Got in there when the chain gets wet and lube dissolved.

Back