Smither Customs Dyno Tune

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
I rode Luci to work today.  Finally, some decent weather.  I had Smithers Customs do some work to her over the winter, including installing a full exhaust, PCIII, and dyno tune.  So after puting 70 miles on her today, I'm like  
wtf.gif

She has 11 more HP and 5 ft# more torque pretty much throughout the RPM range (I accidentally broke the rear tire loose leaving the office this evening).  The throttle response is crisp, precise, and smooth from idle to red line.  

dyno%20printout.jpg

I reset the trip meter today.  When I got home I checked and found this.

100_4708.jpg

Its a little fuzzy, but that's the MPG readout for today's commute. So I have more power, better throttle response, a smoother power curve, and better gas mileage.
rock.gif
I always thought you had to give up something to get something else.  I guess nobody ever told that to Steve
ThumbsUp.gif

congrats...sounds like a great deal all around...looking forward to riding with you soon
beerchug.gif

I need custom mapped... this "generic" map I got cost me 8 mpg and runs too rich... I suppose I could start tweaking but sure would be nice to afford some quality dyno time....

Hmmmm I think your mileage calculation is off. If I remember correctly you are not running stock gearing. That would make it BETTER than indicated"¦. You are still running an 18/40 aren't you?

Hmmmm I think your mileage calculation is off. If I remember correctly you are not running stock gearing. That would make it BETTER than indicated"¦. You are still running an 18/40 aren't you?
nope never changed gearing... considered it for a bit but decided that was not going to be practical for me..(old guy remember?)
smile.gif

Hmmmm I think your mileage calculation is off.  If I remember correctly you are not running stock gearing. That would make it BETTER than indicated"¦. You are still running an 18/40 aren't you?
nope never changed gearing... considered it for a bit but decided that was not going to be practical for me..(old guy remember?)  
smile.gif
Busawhipped did. And I think that is old guy gearing.
winkold.gif

Yea I was not thinking +1 in the front doh!

tail pipe is "blacky carbon" I may just start tweaking some fuel out of it or just run it back to as stock map and start adding fuel..

it is really bad when the motor is cold, the cold enrichment (coolant sensor) will foul the plugs if you bring it off idle in the first couple minutes.. Is solid after it builds some heat (powers the front off the ground in second now) so I imagine it hiding some "lean and mean" power

I had my bike dynoed and mapped @ Smithers and I am modded more than Dennis and I am running stock gearing and still get at least 40 to 42 mpg.
thumb_up.gif

Yea I was not thinking  +1 in the front   doh!

tail pipe is "blacky carbon"   I may just start tweaking some fuel out of it or just run it back to as stock map and start adding fuel..    

it is really bad when the motor is cold, the cold enrichment (coolant sensor) will foul the plugs if you bring it off idle in the first couple minutes..  Is solid after it builds some heat (powers the front off the ground in second now) so I imagine it hiding some "lean and mean" power
Send me a copy of your map. I'd like to take a look at it.

Hmmmm I think your mileage calculation is off.  If I remember correctly you are not running stock gearing. That would make it BETTER than indicated"¦. You are still running an 18/40 aren't you?
smile.gif
Busawhipped did.   And I think that is old guy gearing.  
winkold.gif
I prefer to think of it as gearing for the seasoned rider
smile.gif
. Umm, I mean I'm geared for top end speed, yeah, that's the ticket.

smile.gif

Man I Can't wait to get my bike Dyno'd by Steve!!!! If I didn't have to take my dog to the vet on monday I would have all the money this weekend.....But no...He has to have the Sh**s for a whole week...and freak the wife out....

that would be most appreciated!! Thanks Rick... I just have no time working on these maps and by the time I get it figured out, it will be fall again
laugh.gif

(change the extension on this file to exe, self extracting file)

Attachments

• current_map.zip
    29 KB · Views: 79
Could you repost the dyno sheet so the before and after air fuel ratio's are visible, thanks.  
thumb_up.gif
If you got 11HP from a custom map the original map must have been horrible.

the downloaded maps from dynojet stink. i size fits all doesnt work. i had my bike dynoed last week and saw similar results. nothing like a dyno tune after a bunch of mods.

Back