small problem

OB_jimjib

Registered
Got my Busa back from its 5000 mile service and as expected, its not running as good as the day before. While accelerating through the gears, everything is fine but as soon as I get to cruising speed and take the load off, it has a slight stuttering miss. Its kind of a subtle thing but its driving me nuts...any ideas?

First find out what they did for tuneup and check everything that they might have touched to do the work.Check spark plug wires are pushed all the way down,check any kinks in the fuel line to and from the gas tank,loose fuel line to the fuel pump or any electrical lines that the service people might have touched or moved out of the way to do the maintance.Check for any vacuum hose line that might have been overlooked and not put back on.Good luck

Thanks, I will check those things. Every time (3) I have taken this bike for dealer service, it comes back with a problem. You guys are right when you say "do it yourself!"

Frequently mechanix will change the spark plugs and not bother to set the gap accurately. If the plugs were changed I would look there first.

Back